The Census Questionnaire Assistance (CQA) supervisor will lead a team of customer service representatives (CSRs) and ensure the CSRs meet required customer service and quality levels. This position will be responsible for the productivity, quality and timeliness of work completed for their assigned team members. The supervisor will conduct regular coaching and feedback sessions with the individuals on his/her assigned team. The supervisor may participate in interviewing and hiring recommendations and complete performance evaluations for members of their team. To prepare you for this role, MAXIMUS provides paid, comprehensive training which ensures our employees are equipped with the highest levels of knowledge and professionalism. Make Your Mark in History. Join our team to support the 2020 Census!
Job Description Summary
- Follow defined Census program information, processes, and procedures.
- Provide departmental leadership in assigned functional area.
- Responsible for supervision of contact center employees to assure productivity, quality, and timeliness of work in the completion of assigned projects and departmental goals.
- Monitor staff quality and performance and provide feedback and coaching as appropriate.
- Monitor staff attendance/schedule adherence and enter exceptions, as necessary, into the workforce management tool.
- Assist with or deliver training alerts/critical updates to keep team current on changes that may occur in information or procedures.
- Perform tasks to assure service level and quality requirements are met.
- Participate in interviews and recommend hiring of contact center staff, as needed.
- Maintain department records related to CSR coaching and performance improvement.
- Complete employee performance assessment at end of assignment
- Adhere to the Title 13 requirements for maintaining confidentiality of all Census data.
- Immediately report system issues to manager or appropriate parties.
- Continually look for and suggest process improvements that will benefit MAXIMUS and our customers (internal and external).
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Six months call center quality monitoring experience required, one or more years' experience providing feedback to CSRs and/or management level employees preferred.
- Must be able to read and speak English clearly and professionally.
- Must be able to read and speak Spanish clearly and professionally.
- Bilingual employees will receive a pay differential and will be required to pass a language skills assessment test.
- Demonstrated customer service, leadership and team interaction skills preferred.
- Position contingent on ability to obtain low risk suitability clearance.
- Ability to pass United State Census Bureau suitability assessment.
- Strong typing skills preferred.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in multi-task environment.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- May be required to work off-shift as necessary, to include night and weekend.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and provide documentation.
- Non-United States citizens must have resided in the U.S. for three (3) accumulative years of the past five (5) preceding the submittal of suitability forms.
In accordance with contractual requirements:Employment and continued employment is contingent upon obtaining and maintaining a favorable initial and final suitability determination, which will be decided in the sole discretion of the Census Bureau.Sponsorship: MAXIMUS is unable to provide visa sponsorship in support of 2020 CQA Program.Residency requirement: Non-citizens must possess a valid and non-expired Permanent Resident Card or Employment Authorization Card. The suitability assessment requires residency in the United States for a cumulative period of three (3) years over a five-year period ending with the date of the security application prior to starting work in support of the 2020 CQA program.#CB#Irving, TX
About MAXIMUS:Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People®, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. Launch your career with MAXIMUS through one of our dynamic customer service centers.
Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We're proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.