MV Transportation is seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to plan, direct, and administer all work pertaining to financial reviews, payroll, Human Resources, and purchase order reconciliation for a large multi-location environment.
- Manage and supervise payroll staff.
- Oversee the process and distribution of weekly payroll.
- Interface with Human Resources regarding new hires, employee status changes, terminations, benefits.
- Keep track of employee's medical and dental benefits and other benefits (i.e. vacation, sick and holiday).
- Ensure compliance with corporate, Federal and State legal requirements.
- Prepare manual check request for payroll and benefits adjustments.
- Develop, recommend and implement payroll and accounting related policies and procedures to ensure accuracy and timely process of both payroll and accounting.
- Submit and monitor accounts payable invoices for payment and accruals.
- Assist employees, corporate office and vendors with inquiries.
- Lead projects such as CHP Payroll audits, Sick Pay and Health Ordinance, Benefits Open Enrollment and year-end W-2 distributions.
- Review and ensure accuracy of preliminary and final financial statements with General Manager and Regional Controller.
- Perform month-end and year-end closing functions to include accrual and expense tracking, journal entries, variance analysis, and oversee semi-annual inventories.
- Perform frequent reconciliations of petty cash, accounting for all expenses, receipts, and money assigned to the division.
- Provide financial support to General Manager and the local management team.
- Work with corporate staff and vendors to ensure timely payments and efficient resolution of other financial statement and general ledger issues.
- Review purchase orders and investigate/reconcile issues with purchase orders, invoices, and receipts.
- Ensure compliance with all local union collective bargaining agreements.
- Supervise Payroll Clerk ensuring accurate pay for all employees - including pay rates, bonuses and allowances, and paid leave - and assist with discrepancies as needed.
- Attend operational and management meeting to fully understand division operational functions and provide financial/accounting updates as needed.
- Work with division staff to prepare/compile monthly reports for the client and General Manager.
- Run and investigate daily, weekly, and monthly reports required by the client and General Manager.
- Assist with other reporting as required by our client, General Manager, and the local management team.
- B.A. or B.S. in Accounting or applicable experience of five (5) years or more.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent technology skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Transportation industry experience is a plus.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.