Texas Health Plano is currently seeking to hire an Administrative House Supervisor Registered Nurse to work full time night shift.
The address is: 6200 West Parker Road, Plano, TX 75093.
Salary Range: Min. $40.89/hr - Max. $60.76/hr - based on relevant work experience.
Work Schedule: 7PM-7AM, rotating weekends and holidays included. Ability to self schedule.
• Represents facility administration after business hours and on weekends
• Promotes shared decision making through collaborative/consultative relationships with nursing administration, department leadership, general nursing staff and other department staff
• Rounds throughout the facility on a frequent (at least 2 times/12 hours shift) and consistent basis
• Acts as a central source for information for all staff
• Serves as a resource for problem solving, decision-making, and policy interpretation, consistently making judgments based on reliable critical thinking and that are evidence-based
• Collaborates with patient care leadership to facilitate resolution of staff and patient needs
• Responds to emergency situations such as Codes and RRTs
• Responds to emergency, rapid response or clinically complex events and serves as a clinical leader during the emergency situations. Assures that resources are allocated to meet the patient/visitor needs and the evaluation for the code is done promptly
• Communication with other care providers is timely, accurate, and complete
• Demonstrates a positive, supportive role when a change is being introduced and implemented
• Guides staff through various steps of change and positively reinforces their efforts
• Role models the THR Professional Practice Model and Promise Behaviors
• Facilitates appropriate utilization of beds, assuring that patient needs, diagnosis, and acuity are appropriately matched to the unit scope of service, level of care and assigned nursing competency/skill
• Utilizes bed tracking systems and other methods to meet timely assignment of beds and minimal delays, where applicable
• Assures that resources are allocated to care for admitted patients waiting in the ED for a room to become available; rounds on these patients frequently to assure that appropriate level of care is being delivered and implementation of admit orders is not delayed
• Coordinates and approves appropriate transfers from other facilities in a timely manner through Patient Logistics Transfer Center
• Attends all bed management meetings as appropriate for the shift worked
• Troubleshoots issues and barriers to expedient placement of patients
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
•Associates Degree Graduate of an accredited nursing program required
•Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required without a previously approved exemption.
•Bachelors Degree Nursing Preferred
•5 years experience as a clinical nurse with previous experience as a charge nurse or similar leadership role (i.e. Charge nurse, committee chair, preceptor) Required And
•3 years experience ICU, Emergency and/or critical care nursing Preferred
•Previous Administrative House Supervisor experience Preferred
•Prefer someone with experience in the site/unit committees, can demonstrate clearly conflict resolution, has a varied critical background (because they have to be able to assist during Codes, RRTs etc.) and has a good track record of fostering a team environment Preferred
•RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire required And
•BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required and
•ACLS – Advanced Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required
•CPI – Crisis Prevention Intervention Training 30 day Required
Practices within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act. Proactive problem solving skills, good interpersonal, verbal, written and computer skills. Excellent prioritization skills.
Why Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level IV NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4th year in a row)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Gold level LearningElite award – national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes