Assistant Paralegals Needed! (New York)
You will learn the requirements and demands of becoming a paralegal.
This is a six (6) week-plus position with potential to extended.
Daily responsibilities for this position include:
- Conducting new client intake
- Ordering, obtaining and reviewing records
- Drafting clear and concise summaries for assigned cases
- Drafting interrogatories and other discovery responses
- Responding to client inquiries for status updates
- Assisting supervising attorneys with various projects, as needed
Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate must possess the following attributes:
- B.A./B.S. degree from an accredited institution; GPA 3.30 and above
- Strong academic credentials
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (may be requested to submit a writing sample)
- Ability to multitask several time-critical projects under tight deadlines
- Ability and desire to work on matters beyond regular business hours
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Professional and friendly demeanor
The following attributes are preferred, but not required:
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience
- Strong general research and writing abilities
- Prior experience working in a customer service role
- Intermediate or higher proficiency in MS Office
The work schedule is Monday-Friday, 9am-5:30pm with potential for overtime.
The pay is $18.00 per hour.