UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
So where are we today? The public and health care community are focused on the scope, diversity and quality of provider networks associated with health care products and coverage. People like you and organizations like UnitedHealth Group are driving ever higher levels of sophistication in how provider networks are composed and compensated. That means everything is open to new ideas and innovation. And your expertise in provider networks can help us build in the next phase of evolution. In this managerial role, you'll use your knowledge and analytical skills to help determine how clinical providers group up by specialty and service line. As you do, you'll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 7 leader.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop, translate and execute provider network strategies or functional/operational objectives including programs that impact markets of Individual Exchange (ACA) members
- Direct cross-functional and/or cross-segment teams to develop enterprise-wide provider networks focused on specific clinical areas/service lines such as oncology or cardiology
- Lead provider network analysis and strategy development and implementation
- Support new and innovative network development and payment models to improve quality and affordability of care
- Ensure teams are obtaining, validating and analyzing data impacting provider network availability and access
This is an opportunity that will offer you challenge like no other. We operate a complex, matrixed business that requires you to work through ambiguity even as you build a relationship with some of our most focused and intense business leaders. You'll need to conceptualize effectively, communicate clearly and earn credibility within a demanding business environment.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree
- 5+ years’ experience working with a managed care organization or health insurer; or as a consultant in a network/contract management role, such as contracting, provider services, etc.
- 3+ years’ project management or project lead experience
- 3+ years’ strategy development and execution of cross-functional enterprise-wide initiatives
- Proficiency with all facility/ancillary contract reimbursement methodologies
- Willing and able to travel up to 25% nationally
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- MBA, MHA, or post-graduate degree
- 5+ years’ experience in data analysis
- 3+ years’ experience with strong knowledge of business processes that impact health system contact loading and auditing
- 2+ years’ experience managing staff
Building diverse, high quality provider networks is creating greater access to health care and improving the lives of millions. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate Director Individual Exchange Strategy, Healthcare, health care, Contracting, Account Manager, Negotiation, Business Development, Manager, Consultant, Associate Director, Hospital Contracting, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Remote, Work from home, Work at home