Becoming a McLane teammate is to become part of an honest, stable, and reliable company with 125 years of success. We are looking for teammates with perseverance who will take the extra step for our customers, our community, and the company. In return, we will pay you well and offer you the opportunity to go as far in your career as you want to go.
- Generous benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance and company-paid life insurance start on your 1st day.
- 401(k) with annual company match starts on your 90th day.
- Paid holidays, vacation time, tuition assistance program, and more!
ABOUT THE JOB:
This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining a smooth operation of the Transportation Department and helps provide 24-hr coverage. Provides general supervision of all transportation drivers and administrative staff. Primary responsibility is to make sure that all Teammates are on the job at the start of the shift or at the scheduled dispatch time. This position involves the planning, directing, and coordination of all delivery and backhaul activities, and must keep product moving smoothly, accurately, and efficiently.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Have 5 – 7 years of experience in all facets of outbound transportation, preferably in the food service industry.
- Understand mainframe computer software relating to record keeping. Preferred experience on AS 400 Mainframe, Excel, Microsoft Word, and Access programs; XATA, TRUCKS or similar programs.
- Be able to manage large numbers of staff with experience in hiring, training, motivating Teammates, and resolving employee relations issues.
- Be able to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals, and inter-company memos/outside correspondence.
- Possess ability to identify financial issues and provide cost effective solutions to such issues.
- Be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, vendors, and employees.
- Have strong analytical and communication skills with proven ability to work within the framework of the Team.
- Have knowledge of distribution systems to include order routing.
- Have an understanding of dispatch issues and procedures.