The Business Performance Analyst will effectively provide decision support services using quantitative and qualitative data systems and sources. These systems and sources are to include, but not be limited to, any combination of proprietary, subscribed, published and original research repositories. The Business Performance Analyst will research, analyze through various methods, and compile reports, presentations and summaries of valid and reliable findings for management, executive and Board of Directors level decision making. Proper justification, sourcing, methodology and/or theory must be present and demonstrated in all reporting. Confidential materials for decision-making will be handled on an “as needed to know basis” and conform to all patient and organizational confidentiality guidelines, policies, procedures and protocols. The Business Performance Analyst will continuously exemplify the mission, vision, values and customer service philosophy of Shriners Hospitals for Children in job performance and in service to other persons throughout the organization.
- Provides analytical planning support as assigned
- Efficient and effective access and use of data from all internal and external transaction systems.
- Analytical and decision support; market assessment; opportunity assessment; hospital modeling; financial pro forma development; database assembly, facility planning, facility utilization, management and maintenance of data systems.
- Access and use of quantitative and qualitative external market databases (such as NACHRI, The American Medical Association, The American Pediatric Society, The Healthcare Advisory Board, Sg2, Truven Analytics), to obtain historical utilization data and estimates of future hospital market demand, data on market competitors, and a variety of topics pertinent to pediatric healthcare.
- Ongoing data support (i.e. creation, maintenance, and/or management of databases; measurement methods; and statistical methods).
- Comprehensive healthcare internal and external market situational assessment by hospital to occur annually.
- Assists with compiling data sets, market analysis and financial modeling for business plans and retrospective business plan reviews.
- Participates in development of the Long Range Financial Plan, Master Facility Plan and Annual Operating Plan processes.
- Qualitative and quantitative original research on a variety of topics and special projects as assigned.
- Maintains the validity, reliability and integrity of data sets, measurement systems, and statistical methods for decision support throughout the organization.
- Develops industry benchmark standard systems and maintains the validity, reliability and integrity of said systems.
- Assists with the development and implementation of Balance Scorecards and/or Dashboards to assess organizational performance when and where appropriate as assigned.
- Participates on teams performing operational and/or program reviews of operating units and programs.
- Ensures the continuing development of the skills of those supported (ensure activities reflect the characteristics of a learning environment) in all activities.
- Works collaboratively and closely with management, executives, hospitals, staff and leadership to ensure effective management and use of data for analysis and planning, which has high utility and is user-friendly.
- Participates fully in all pertinent group processes and attends all pertinent meetings.
- Actively pursues professional development.
- Communicates appropriately with the persons served regardless of their gender, age, ethnicity, race, creed, nationality or religious beliefs.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.