The SVP of Technologies is responsible for developing, managing and efficiently delivering robust high-quality software products and technology solutions that meet the needs of the US markets in line with the Company’s Technology Strategy.
Reporting to the Group CTO and working in cooperation with the development team in the UK, you will build and manage a ‘best in class’ tech and operational team in the US, to ensure efficient delivery of our services to our clients.
The SVP of Technologies will help outline the company's technological vision, implement technology strategies, whilst ensuring that the technological resources are aligned with the company's business needs.
- Build and manage, lead and develop the Tech teams in the US including collation of team’s feedback to provide upwards feedback and recommendations for business improvement.
- Responsible for delivery and ongoing maintenance of technical solutions into venues, stadiums, festivals and other client environments.
- Manage integrations into third-party systems eg EPOS, CRM, mobile apps
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy
- Gather and analyse market intelligence to help shape the future direction of the Product Roadmap and company strategies.
- Ensure best practices approach to software development is adopted and team productivity is maximised
- Help meet financial objectives by forecasting; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditure; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Work with other departments to use new technologies to streamline company policies and rules.
- Develop and direct all networking safeguards to reduce the risk of outside breaches and protect sensitive internal and external client information
- Develops and implements all internal communication systems, such as email and instant messaging
- Plan and implements proper Internet usage policies for employees
- Consistently evaluate technical efficiency and makes changes as necessary
Skills & Experience
- Experience of providing tech/data solutions for big brand partners
- Experience within a cashless, RFID, mobile payments and other payment solutions, events or ticketing software environment with relevant industry knowledge
- Implementations into major venues or stadiums
- Ability to understand the abilities, limitations, and potential of a software product
- Product to market experience and process knowledge
- Theoretical and working knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, business analysis, resource allocation, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources.
- Management of Personnel Resources -- Motivating, coaching, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Strong people skills including interpersonal skills, commitment to team working and a collaborative management style.
- Ability to engage with colleagues at all levels to implement change through fact-based constructive debate on issues of importance to the organisation.
- Experience of managing teams with a hands-on approach to getting the job done on time and to the satisfaction of all parties
- The ability to act as a company spokesperson, communicate with and engage customers through effective presentations and face to face meetings.