Amtrust Financial Services, a fast growing commercial insurance company, is seeking a Commercial Claims Adjuster. This position can be located in one of our claims offices, with the possibility of working remotely. The successful candidate will directly handle claims including General Liability, Commercial Auto Liability Bodily Injury related claims. The successful candidate will evaluate coverage issues and risk transfer opportunities as well as ensuring appropriate investigation of the underlying facts and circumstances is carried out, proper experts are retained and utilized where necessary, selection and utilization of counsel is appropriate, and proper negotiation strategy is employed.
- Maintains appropriate financial accountabilities (reserving) and controls loss adjustment expenses.
- Makes timely and appropriate contacts with interested parties, including, but not limited to the insured, claimant/attorney, witnesses and producers.
- Determines, reviews and analyzes coverages that may or may not apply to the claim; Plans, executes and reviews investigations-coverage, liability and/or damages – including the securing of a signed or recorded statement of the insured, claimant and/or witnesses.
- Discusses possible coverage issues with supervisor and drafts coverage positions as applicable. Obtains medical records and reports; police ambulance and agency reports; photographs and measurements; and, expert assistance/testimony.
- Applies facts, as determined by contacts and investigation, to the law of a particular jurisdiction to properly evaluate exposure.
- Establishes indemnity and expense reserves as the claim transpires.
- Controls and manages claims-related expenses; determines and executes plans of action to resolution, including the avoidance/minimization of litigation.
- Works with and actively monitors and manages defense counsel.
- Minimizes losses through identification of risk transfer and prompt disposition.
- Identifies issues (coverage, liability, damages, handling), seeks appropriate guidance, and communicates pursuant to authority structure.
- Determines and fulfills reporting requirements to supervisor/manager, Home Office, SIU, client companies and reinsurers.