Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
As the company's second line of defense, Corporate Risk — or Independent Risk Management — provides independent oversight of risk-taking activities. Independent Risk Management establishes and maintains Wells Fargo's risk management program and provides oversight, including challenges to and independent assessment of, the frontline's execution of its risk management responsibilities. We manage risk according to the Risk Management Framework and ensure all employees understand their individual accountability for managing risk.
The Small Business Lending Credit Risk Management team is in search of a talented Commercial Credit Officer to support the Practice Finance portfolio. We are seeking an experienced Commercial Credit Officer 3 with excellent commercial credit skills and a proven track record of successful collaboration.
The Healthcare Industries Group is being tasked to grow Practice Finance loans and this role will be critical to its long term success. This individual will be responsible for overseeing the lending activities within the Practice Finance portfolio including approvals in the 1-3MM space. This portfolio consists of credit products enabling dentists, veterinarians, optometrist and doctors to start, manage and grow their practices.
Key Functions include:
- Developing and implementing strategies, programs and policies impacting the Practice Finance portfolio, ensuring alignment with credit risk appetite and culture
- Approving loans in excess of line authority levels
- Ensuring conformity with company/regulatory policies and procedures
- Assisting Healthcare Industries Group relationship managers, healthcare credit underwriters and other senior officers and customers with structuring, pricing and documentation of commercial loan transactions
- Monitoring and reviewing group loan underwriting and portfolio management performance and risk limits for senior management/regulatory agency review
- Monitoring delinquency, loss and risk rating accuracy
- Approving portfolio management activities associated with problem loan management
- Collaborating with Healthcare Industries Group for oversight of credit risk management
- Providing input and support of broader Small Business Lending credit risk initiatives
Successful candidates will be articulate and demonstrate strong leadership and influence skills. Healthcare industry with practice underwriting experience is critical to success in this role.
Wells Fargo Risk Hubs are preferred for this position and listed below. Remote/Telecommute may be considered if within a commutable distance to the addresses included in this posting.
- 10+ years of lending experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 10+ years of commercial lending experience, including material experience within the healthcare or practice finance segment.
- 5+ years of leadership experience with the ability to influence people at all levels of the organization
- Thought leadership skills with the ability navigate a highly matrixed environment and present strong responses to stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership ability that embodies the Wells Fargo Vision and Values
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills combined with strategic business focus.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid negotiation skills
- Proven collaboration skills across various levels of senior management and others at the executive level, dealing with complex ideas and solutions.
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of credit: policy, compliance, and underwriting requirements
- Experience structuring and approving large dollar commercial loans
- Knowledge and understanding of loan portfolio management
- Knowledge and understanding of problem loan resolution and workout situations
- Experience managing financial service products and/or related risk activities
- Experience working with changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Proven success in achieving objectives requiring a high level of cooperation from people in other parts of the organization.
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
AZ-Chandler: 2700 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St - Phoenix, AZ
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 2222 W Rose Garden Ln - Phoenix, AZ
TX-Irving: 250 E John Carpenter Freeway - Irving, TX
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 2701 Wells Fargo Way - Minneapolis, MN
NY-New York: 30 Hudson Yards - New York, NY
NJ-Summit: 190 River Rd - Summit, NJ
TX-DAL-Downtown Dallas: 1445 Ross Ave - Dallas, TX
TX-Plano: 4975 Preston Park Blvd - Plano, TX
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.