Company Overview:At ADT, we’ve been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
The Instructional Designer will work with the Learning & Development Team and business Subject Matter Experts to create online learning modules, live web-based learning sessions, learning guides and support materials following an instructional design process. The Instructional Designer will use strong interpersonal, written, and visual communication skills to bring together text, images, video and audio to communicate and educate ADT employees with various learning solutions. The Instructional Designer will generate online, mobile, video and in-person learning solutions using a suite of instructional design technologies that could include Articulate Storyline, Articulate Studio, Captivate, Adobe Connect and mobile learning content software.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Utilize proven techniques to research, design and develop multimedia learning materials for new and existing programs in a variety of contexts and subjects, using software applications and tools.
- Using proper methodology, determine or verify accurate learning objectives in order to create relevant and scalable learning content and assessments.
- Work directly with SME’s, and business stakeholders as needed for each project.
- Incorporate proven adult learning principles in all material and activity development.
- Participate in design and review sessions.
- Collaborate by submitting all learning solutions to SME’s for purposes of proof-reading for accuracy.
- Build beneficial relationships with internal business partners including Project Managers, Performance Managers, and field training resources and others in the business.
- Apply project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to support projects from initiation to project delivery.
- Provide instructor-led content revision and development services.
- Ensure clear communication across projects to achieve overall project goals.
- Design and develop learning solutions supported in the ADT Learning Management System.
- Ability to write and record audio script and work with SME’s and other voice talent to ensure proper pronunciation and style.
- Work with video production and graphic sources to produce final versions of course materials.