Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
As the company's second line of defense, Corporate Risk — or Independent Risk Management — provides independent oversight of risk-taking activities. Independent Risk Management establishes and maintains Wells Fargo's risk management program and provides oversight, including challenges to and independent assessment of, the frontline's execution of its risk management responsibilities. We manage risk according to the Risk Management Framework and ensure all employees understand their individual accountability for managing risk.
The Third Party Consumer Law Oversight (TPCLO) team within Wells Fargo Compliance Third Party provides enterprise oversight and guidance to address consumer risks presented by third party service providers (TPSPs). The TPCLO team focuses on risks resulting from consumer financial protection laws and regulations.
This position is for an experienced Compliance Associate to join the Third Party Consumer Law Oversight team, evaluating Consumer Financial Law (CFL) risks for third party vendors. This role is to focus on supporting the execution of CFL assessments. This position will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and report on the CFL Review Schedule and CFL Review results to senior leadership and key stakeholders.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Create, maintain, and report out on the annual CFL Review Schedule
- Provide routine updates regarding CFL Progress and Results to key stakeholders and senior management
- Partner with Data and Analytics team to create, update, and confirm accuracy of reports being developed within CLARA (Consumer Law Assessment & Review Analysis) system of record
- Utilize external reporting sources (TRIMS and SHRP) as need within the CFL review process
- Participate in and provide feedback during UAT for future CLARA enhancement releases
- Complete ad-hoc data requests for external partners in an accurate and timely manner
- Appropriately identifying, escalating and addressing issues, when necessary
- Assisting with and completing Standard CFL Reviews, when necessary
- Maintaining an understanding of Major Requirements in light of changes in the internal and external regulatory environment
- Building strong partnerships and collaborating effectively with TPRM, Group Third Party Officers, Corporate Risk, Law Department partners and regulatory authorities
- 2+ years of experience in risk (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management demonstrated through work or military) or 1+ year in the foregoing or financial services industry and a BS/BA degree or higher in business or a related field
Other Desired Qualifications
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Third party service provider risk experience
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance requirements surrounding the financial services industry
- Knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and tools that support audit processes
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to track and monitor project progress, identify project and process gaps, recommend controls and communicate progress to business leaders
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
MN-Minneapolis: 2650 Wells Fargo Way - Minneapolis, MN
MN-Saint Louis Park: 435 Ford Rd - Saint Louis Park, MN
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 128 South Tryon Street - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
SC-Fort Mill: 3480 State View Blvd - Fort Mill, SC
TX-DAL-Downtown Dallas: 1445 Ross Ave - Dallas, TX
TX-Irving: 250 E John Carpenter Freeway - Irving, TX
TX-Plano: 4975 Preston Park Blvd - Plano, TX
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.