Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Chief Operating Office (COO) is responsible for delivering a more consistent approach to business operations across Wells Fargo, strengthening the company's risk and control infrastructure, and delivering effective and efficient enterprise services to employees and customers.
The COO group includes the head of Operations, who is jointly responsible for line of business operations with each of the five LOB CEOs. Operations functions include contact center operations, client servicing support, money movements within our businesses, lending operations, and other functions.
The COO group also includes a number of teams dedicated to strengthening Wells Fargo's risk and control infrastructure. These include the Control Executive team; Regulatory and Policy Affairs; Enterprise Customer Excellence; Sales Practices Oversight and Management; and Strategic Execution and Operations.
The Chief Administrative Office, encompassing the Corporate Properties Group; Corporate Security; Enterprise Business Resiliency; Strategic Programs and Process Improvement; Enterprise Change Management; Supply Chain Management; and Data Management and Insights, delivers important services for our employees and customers.
The Control Senior Officer will provide support for development of items such as governance structure and framework along with support for program management (including process document management and maintenance). The Sr. Officer will also provide execution delivery support and engagement across a wide range of activities, including SHRP, issues tracking, root cause, corrective action and escalation. Additionally, this role will assist in coordination of ongoing processes and insights to drive improved issue management outcomes and decisions. The Sr. Officer will play a key role to help build out actionable insights along with enhancement of front-line issue management program consistency and alignment to both enable and strengthen our issue management discipline across Wells Fargo.
- Support and drive the firm wide design and implementation of Issues Management & Escalation.
- Demonstrate project management skills in order to drive consistent execution of the programs within the Control Executive Teams, across Control groups and with front line.
- Provide training of appropriate policies, procedures, and expectations across the business.
- Support management of consent order action plan elements assigned to Control, including measurement of progress, communication of progress, achievements and metrics dashboard reporting.
- Engage with Strategy, Planning and Governance leadership team as required in support of consent order work stream activities and deliverables.
- Provide support of governance activities and guidance over risk program activities.
- Develop presentations and materials for senior leaders with effectiveness across a wide range of audiences.
- Assess and mitigate risks associated with development of metrics and project plans.
- 10+ years of experience in risk management or 10+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 7+ years must include direct experience in risk management
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to present to multiple levels of management
- Ability to present to decision makers in a professional and confident manner
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Audit or internal controls testing experience
- Experience with change Management
- Knowledge and understanding of operational risk management in the financial services industry
- Third party service provider risk experience
- Knowledge and understanding of analytical methods used to: measure and communicate key performance metrics (KPIs)
- A BS/BA degree or higher
Other Desired Qualifications
- Strong knowledge across risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance.
- Understanding of best-practice risk management techniques across financial services industry.
- Knowledge of relevant financial regulations and understanding of how they are implemented, managed and enforced.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and communications skills with an ability to interact effectively with stakeholders and regulators, to include virtual, matrixed leadership experience and the ability to effectively manage and build relationships within the business and enterprise Risk function.
- Proven relationship-building skills to drive alignment across stakeholder groups to develop and deliver repeatable end to end risk management solutions and controls aligned with business/customer processes.
- Strong understanding of risk framework, corporate/business policies, and programs to translate into plans for the business, function and/or risk type.
- Ethical integrity and demonstrated ability to assess and determine when to raise concerns and escalate.
- Strong analytical ability used to identify risks and confidently raise issues, escalate early and engage in constructive credible challenge and will do so independently when necessary.
- Ability to conceptualize, develop, and deliver quality analysis and highly-actionable management information.
- Experience providing concise and relevant reporting and updates to senior-level management.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
MN-Minneapolis: 90 S 7th St - Minneapolis, MN
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
SC-Fort Mill: 3480 State View Blvd - Fort Mill, SC
TX-DAL-Downtown Dallas: 1445 Ross Ave - Dallas, TX
TX-Irving: 250 E John Carpenter Freeway - Irving, TX
IA-Des Moines: 801 WALNUT ST - DES MOINES, IA
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 2222 W Rose Garden Ln - Phoenix, AZ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.