Our client is looking to add Controls Engineers to the team. This position will support design, development, testing and commissioning for controls systems integration projects all over the US.
- Travel will be required for this position. The average is 35-40% annually. It tends to be heavier in the summer and fall. While traveling they rotate in a 10 on and 4 day off schedule. The travel tapers off after Thanksgiving and doesn't pick back up again until late spring.
- When they are working in the field, they may be the only Programmer on site once they are trained. They will be downloading PLC code, testing it, working through customer tests, troubleshooting, then supporting the project on standby after startup.
- This will be mainly a day shift position. But will require some off shift work, so as not to impact production in the facilities
- Program PLCs for UPS or Amazon parcel/post sortation and handling equipment
- Program HMI's as necessary
- Upgrading and retrofitting existing hardware and software
- Troubleshoot PLC programs and suggest solutions to field issues
- Investigate system issues and recommend solutions
controls engineer, electrical engineer, parcel handling, material handling, Rockwell, controllogix, Allen Bradley
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Entry level Engineers will be considered for this 0-3 years experience.
- Sr. Level Engineers will be considered for this with 5-10+ years experience
- Allen Bradley Controllogix PLC, RSLogix software programming (creating new programs from scratch vs just modifying) experience preferred
- PLC code troubleshooting
- Ability to work independently, they could be the sole engineer on a project
- This means they must have the ability to think quickly and communicate with customers on site if there are any issues
- Proface or other HMI programming a plus
- Must be able to travel 10 days at a time
- Preferred experience would be material handling industry, and will pay more for it.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to APPLY TODAY!
For additional Controls Engineering opportunities please connect with Taylor Brantley from Aerotek on LinkedIn
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.