LOCATION: Preferred Dallas or Austin TX or open to other locations in US
Digital Realty supports the data center, colocation and interconnection strategies of customers across the Americas, EMEA and APAC, ranging from cloud and information technology services, communications and social networking to financial services, manufacturing, energy, healthcare and consumer products.
Now is the time to join Digital Realty and be part of the world’s trusted foundation powering digital ambitions to our customers, prospects and partners. Digital Realty’s heritage is understanding a customer’s local to global data center needs to address mixed workloads and densities. Enterprises are adapting IT strategies on-the-fly to meet rapidly evolving demands. As data creation and consumption are increasing, so are the tools, clouds, networks and resources needed to support it. This data gravity effect can lead to global workflow management that isn’t consistent across deployments, only compounding the complexities. As one of the world’s largest data center companies, we offer colocation and scale offerings combined best in class connectivity, cloud and data centric solutions. Digital Realty is seeking motivated and imaginative professionals to grow our Enterprise business.
POSITION: Director, Global Digital Experience & Marketing Technology
LOCATION: Preferred Dallas, TX or Denver, CO
Digital Realty is seeking a Director, Global Digital Experience and Marketing Technology based in Dallas, TX or Denver, CO. Other locations will also be considered for the right candidate. This is a senior-level role that is responsible for establishing a unified digital vision, strategy and experience across multiple touchpoints and stakeholders. This leader will champion and gain consensus for Digital Realty’s global digital ecosystem, and act as a bridge between business units, sales teams, regional marketing, and other internal stakeholders.
While working at the intersection of digital brand experience and technology, this leader must understand business strategies and objectively evaluate, develop and maintain digital marketing applications, websites and technologies to enable automation, analytics, and omnichannel customer engagement, retention and best-in-class experience.
The successful candidate will possess a balance of digital marketing, MarTech and analytic expertise combined with strategy and leadership abilities to develop a global marketing technology roadmap, manage implementation, and serve as the owner of Digital Realty’s digital marketing technologies and platforms.
The Global Demand Generation team operates in a fast-moving environment in which change happens quickly, so this leader must be flexible, calm, collaborative and quick-thinking – someone who can be empathetic to all stakeholders and pivot from one to the other real-time delivering breakthrough results with measurable performance outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in digital marketing, technology, computer science, or related business subject areas
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing and developing digital marketing technology solutions including global experience (must include experience with website management)
- Experience leading large agile projects in a dynamic environment with demand cost, timing, and customer considerations
- Action-oriented, customer-focused, and able to measure success to help drive future direction
- Successful track record of working with cross-functional, cross-regional teams to deliver an integrated digital experience
- Previous experience with omni-channel delivering digitally connected customer experiences
- Experience with platforms like SalesForce.com Marketing Cloud, Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), Adobe Assets, Google Analytics, Workfront.
- Knowledge of global level disclosures, data privacy, accessibility, and other regulations that impact digital marketing, for example GDPR.
- Change Advocate/Management. The ability to effectively guide and sustain change in a dynamic and complex operating environment.
- The ability to build teams, including remote teams, balance team and individual responsibilities, and achieve goals through others not directly under the leader’s supervision.
- Interpersonal skills. Ability to work across business lines at all levels to influence and effect change to achieve common goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain digital concepts to business leaders and business concepts to technologists, and to sell ideas and processes internally at all levels, including the board and investors.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities. Combines and organizes information into meaningful patterns; identifies underlying relationships, causes and effects; and combines pieces of information to form conclusions or general rules
- Does not shy away from big ideas.
- Willing to roll up the sleeves and help or dive into details when necessary.
- Digital dexterity. The ability to learn and utilize digital technologies to catalyze new ways of work.
- The ability to see and explain how the company can exploit technology to improve customer experience and engagement.
- Customer-centric mindset. Passionate about driving improvements to customer experience.
- Pragmatic and detail-oriented. Consistently takes a thorough, accurate, organized and productive approach.
- Ability to gain agreement and support for ideas and initiatives.
- Business-results orientation. Seeks to understand business needs and works to anticipate, identify and meet employee needs.
- Travel up to 25%
- Internal partners: Global marketing teams, Regional marketing teams, product marketing teams
- External partners: Vendors
- Establish and lead the global vision and roadmap for the web experience – leverage knowledge and expertise in user experience.
- Act as the steward of the web experience, balancing the tradeoff between unobtrusive user experiences and driving demand
- Evaluate and review performance, adjusting in real-time and providing analysis to validate success. Ability to think analytically and creatively with proven track record of using insights to drive performance.
- Strategize and support campaigns in driving high conversion leads and real-time optimizations to the promotional experience on Digital Realty’s and regional websites with tightly connected KPIs to business results.
- Develop a test and learn framework by analyzing a variety of data-centric resources and associated online behaviors to inform campaigns while applying best practices to grow audience penetration.
- Work cross functionally and cross-regionally with business teams to assist their digital go to market roadmap and tie it into the experience on the website.
- Define and document what the website needs to accomplish (business requirements) as well as how it works to accomplish those goals (thru technologies like tagging, analytics, mboxes, video playback and tracking, etc.)
- Work with the various teams across the organization to define an editorial calendar for digitalrealty.com and associated regional sites , and establish the right cadence for regular updates to both brand and product areas of the site
- Connect the dots between corporate narrative, product messaging, brand messaging, and search insights (SEO) to create a meaningful content strategy for the sites
- Partner with content team to create integrated web experiences aligned to campaign
- Stay up to date with respect to best practices that influence online behavior. Be on top of digital emerging trends. Providing executable feedback relating to new and emerging digital mediums that help cultivate opportunities for retention and acquisition.
- Auditing and analyzing Digital Realty’s SEO performance, identifying issues, finding root-causes, and experimenting with solutions to improve performance at scale.
- Directly responsible for understanding and communicating Digital Realty’s SEO channel business performance to leadership and other stakeholders in weekly and quarterly business reviews, while collaborating with Digital Realty’s regional SEO Managers to help leadership understand Digital Realty’s broader WW SEO performance.
- Managing and executing a robust search engine optimization strategy for Digital Realty.com, including creating a roadmap of experimental initiatives that can lead to scalable growth, and providing support for major events / initiatives, share strategy with regional teams
- Leading efforts to solve complex SEO problems, moving quickly to implement ideas and deliver results. You will dive into issues and incidents as they occur, perform ad-hoc cause and effect analysis to derive action plans for specific issues, find root causes, experiment with solutions at scale and/or help escalate them to drive to resolution.
- Conducting SEO experiments in US and / or in partnership with regional SEO Managers, using rigorous approaches and measurement methods (A/B tests, statistical methods) to evaluate their effectiveness
- Working closely with product, technology and business intelligence teams to make sure the company’s infrastructure, architecture, and site features support and enhance the effectiveness of our SEO.
- Contributing to company-wide knowledge sharing and engaging with stakeholders to determine optimal SEO improvements globally.
- A key member of the Global Demand Generation leadership team, involved in managing the department’s strategic development, management, execution and KPIs, as well as oversight for Digital Realty’s digital marketing ecosystem
- Consult on, advocate for and create the narrative for digital priorities in context of business level initiatives and lead the lifecycle (and standards of use globally) of digital marketing platforms and technology implementations, improvements and training
- Synthesize input from multiple sources and data points, including business and regional teams, technology partners, and research institutions to develop/implement Digital Realty’s digital marketing technology roadmap
- Hands-on involvement in linking current legacy systems and technologies, with future technology platforms, establishing a foundation and ability to drive meaningful analytics to support/make business decisions
- Define scope and requirements for digital marketing technologies and analytics needed to make future business decisions ensuring functional and strategic alignment across different channels
- Establish appropriate digital governance, disaster recovery and business continuity plans for digital technologies
- Govern digital technology standards, usage and licensing to optimize costs and data policies
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day—above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty Trust is committed to employing a diverse workforce. We value and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain people with backgrounds, experiences and perspectives that reflect the full diversity of our society.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.
ENTER HERE ADDITIONAL REQUIRED SKILLS NOT ALREADY IN THE JOB DESCRIPTION
ENTER HERE ADDITIONAL REQUIRED EXPERIENCE NOT ALREADY IN THE JOB DESCRIPTION