KPC Promise Hospital of DALLAS: The Director of Facilities Management is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and controlling the activities of the Plant Operations, Material Management, and Environmental Services Department. He/She will provide maintenance services and repairs necessary to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the hospital facilities. He/she will oversee the procurement of supplies, equipment, and services for use throughout the organization. He/she will ensure that patient rooms, office and other areas remain clean and orderly, and will also conduct inspections of the facility, and recommend repairs and upgrades when needed. In addition, he/she is responsible for maintaining the comfortable physical environment for patients, employees, medical staff and the public in accordance with policies and procedures, standards and practices set by administration, State Department of Public Health, and other local community and governmental agencies.
1. High school diploma or equivalent. Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred.
2. Two years management experience, preferably in a hospital environment
3. Plant operations management, and materials management experience, preferably in a healthcare setting
4. Experience in construction, electrical, painting, and knowledge of mechanical equipment.
5. Experience in purchasing, including medical equipment and supplies.
6. Must be able to read, write, and speak English, as well as possess excellent written and oral communication skills
7. Basic use of computer skills to include Microsoft Word, and Excel
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Physical: Walking - up to 50% Standing - up to 30% Kneeling - up to 20% Sitting - up to 30% Pushing - up to 20% Bending - up to 20% Squatting - up to 20% Pulling - up to 20% Reaching - up to 20% Lifting - up to 20% Wrist/Finger Movements - up to 90% Mental: Stress Level: Moderate to high EXPOSURE RISK: Category I - Jobs in which required tasks routinely involve a potential for mucous membranes or skin contact with blood, body fluids, tissues or potential spills or splashes. Use of appropriate measures is required for every healthcare provider in these jobs.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, MATERIALS, MACHINES USED: Computer, copier, telephone, facsimile machine, calculator, printer, hand tools, power tools, micrometer, calipers, data/telephone tools, electric test equipment, hydronic test equipment, pneumatic tools and equipment, air flow test and calibration, TV cabling, computer