Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
Epsilon, AdAge’s #1 Ranked U.S. Agency, is seeking a dynamic Director, Retail CRM Consulting with a background in DTC marketing strategy to work with Fortune 500 clients on CX, marketing, and servicing strategy development, customer insights, omni-channel contact strategies, reporting, analytical projects and voice-of-the-customer research.
- CRM Strategy: Create audience CRM contact strategies and marketing playbooks (go-to-market contact blueprints)
- Provide actionable data-driven customer and market insights to design, develop, and deploy relevant end-to-end omni-channel communication strategies
- Identify and recommend Email, Direct Mail and related DTC Digital contact strategies to maximize customer engagement and are rationalized through marketing ROI
- Work with analytics and data teams to assess and identify target audiences, segments, and personas
- Consult on and help design messaging tactics including channel(s), content, formats, targeting, offers, timing and cadence
- Create CRM strategic roadmaps, investment plans and business cases
- Define performance metrics, marketing reports, executive dashboards, and measurement schemes and make recommendations to continuously measure, track, report, learn, and optimize program strategies and tactics
- Define key business requirements for marketing systems in the discovery phase and beyond for better ongoing strategic insight and system usage optimization
- Project Leadership: Lead the delivery of consulting projects employing established frameworks & methodologies
- Facilitate a variety of client workshops, from crafting a client's strategic vision to building a prioritized set of customer experiences
- Serve as an expert in Epsilon's strategic planning process
- Become a trusted strategic advisor to both the client and account teams
- Run and participate in multi-disciplinary project teams including Analytics, Client Services, Program Management, and Sales
- Work day to day on client engagements, typically with regular visits on client premises as external environmental and health factors allow
- Retail Marketing Thought Leadership: Serve as a thought leader in retail business strategy, staying apprised of the latest technology and business trends impacting the vertical and presenting the applicability of these trends to your client base
- Quickly learns, stays up to date, and is able to apply knowledge of, Epsilon's assets, tools and capabilities to client engagements
- Be the voice of authority with strong knowledge to optimize use of data, tools and insights to guide client CRM & Loyalty evolution based on experience, expertise, data-driven frameworks, and related best practices
- Practice Development: Collaborate with Epsilon’s CRM and Loyalty teams to mature our CRM practice and intellectual capital, helping to further our position as a leader in CX|Loyalty
- Sales Pitches: Participate in the business development process by preparing client proposals, presentations, and background research
- Grow contracted services with billable clients by delivering on existing commitments, identifying new solutions to client challenges, and selling in additional Epsilon services
Other Desired Competencies:
- Develop compelling case studies based off successful client work
- Designs, creates, and uses consumer personas and associated journey maps for marketing
- History of developing successful omni-channel marketing strategies and tactics across CRM, loyalty, customer, and servicing
- Expert in using descriptive and predictive analytics for segment-driving marketing optimization across the customer lifecycle
- Familiar with designing and running voice of the customer research including primary and secondary research
- Use mobile and digital best practices in communication strategies
Communication & Presentation Skills:
- Creates high-quality, compelling documents to communicate findings and recommendations using MS PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Comfortable speaking with confidence about marketing recommendations and presenting at the CMO-level during planning sessions and quarterly business reviews (or semi-annual business reviews)
Experience & Education:
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in marketing operations, omni-channel marketing
- Experience in consultative client engagements
- Experience designing, building and leading loyalty programs
- MBA, or undergraduate with relevant business experience, preferred
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
For San Francisco Bay and Los Angeles Areas: Epsilon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.