Director of Technology Services Leads the development and management of the company’s hardware and software system infrastructure and communications technology to provide the most efficient support for current operations and future information technology (IT) needs.
Education Completed: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related technical discipline from an accredited college or four-year university or equivalent, MBA Preferred. Information Technology experience required.
Background & Expertise:
4+ years’ experience managing an IT department preferably in a multi-site environment.
At least 1-2 years proven experience with Salesforce.com CRM and interfacing/integrating SFDC application with legacy/external applications.
Strong technical foundation including advanced structured programming, APEX, Force.com, .Net, Java, etc. Understanding of relational database concepts and structures, knowledge of SQL, structured system analysis and design methods, etc. Experience with Help desk processes and policy and procedure. Extensive experience with Microsoft Office, SFDC
• Responsible to instill company values: respect, integrity, safety, expertise, unity, and positive energy in the day-to-day operations to create a professional and productive workplace.
• Oversees the process of developing and implementing the IT system for maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
• Defines future requirements and coordinates planning for installing system improvements based on technological developments.
• Responsible for budget management as well as staff hiring, training, and supervision.
• Operates system to support company operations and service in the most efficient manner and modifies infrastructure as needed to give maximum support.
• Consults and collaborates with staff from various divisions to coordinate projects, identify needs, and explore opportunities for improving business and customer facing services.
• Takes action to ensure the reliability, efficiency, security, and confidentiality of information system.
• Creates strategy and delivery mechanisms for rapid development of technology solutions to support new products, services, and innovation.
• Oversees the network management, including wide area, local area, and remote access capabilities. • Develops system with provision for continuity of operations during any disaster recovery or other emergency situations.
• Provides leadership to staff members and facilitates individual and group success; Leads team in meeting corporate and group objectives in harmony with the company’s stated values and priorities. Sets an ethical example for employees throughout the company. Promotes company’s established best practices consistently:
• Complies with all legal and policy requirements related to employment practices; acts as an employee advocate and fulfills the inherent responsibility of supervision by providing a pleasant work environment.
• Ensures staff has access to information and supplies to perform at an optimum level.
• Develops competencies and supports training by scheduling and budgeting for ongoing programs. Plays an active role in the ongoing development of people throughout the company. Accountable for ensuring that a succession plan is in place.
• Provides coaching and constructive feedback through timely appraisals and direct communication. Establishes with staff members’ practical goals & objectives; and periodically monitors results. Partners with HR as needed to resolve performance issues through training, counseling and/or enrichment.
• Takes proactive measures to ensure all employees are provided a safe and healthy work environment.