The Director, Portfolio Security plans, organizes and coordinates all aspects of the Portfolio Security program in accordance with established Digital Realty security standards.
Education and Experience
- Proven security professional with a minimum of five years of experience managing complex security operations in a medium to large enterprise.
- Strong track record of building consensus and solving problems through a collaborative team approach.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and application of project management fundamentals through actual project examples completed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Management, Business or a related discipline; Master’s degree preferred.
- Security certifications such as CPP, PSP preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong understanding of technical security measures and their integration over IT backbone networks; currency on security industry trends and product innovation is required.
- Thorough working knowledge of security best practices.
- Strong management, leadership and planning skills.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and engagement skills.
- Sound judgment and decision-making ability while under pressure.
- Skilled in the fundamentals of project management.
- Understanding of investigative technique and evidence collection protocols.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work well in a team environment to facilitate the achievement of common goals.
- Develop and implement standards based programs in the areas of Risk Management, Physical Security, Emergency Management and Incident Investigations.
- Ensure that resources are allocated appropriately and efficiently to key areas and that priority issues are always covered adequately.
- In conjunction with the Portfolio Security Team, work to implement Security throughout the enterprise as an integrated core business imperative, conducting constant review of processes and procedures to ensure they adequately address the dynamic threat environment faced by the business.
- In conjunction with the Portfolio Security Team, maintain and update the Portfolio Security Policy manual on an annual basis.
- Ensure a thorough understanding of relevant customer processes to enable timely and accurate delivery of appropriate security services. Establish and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Remain up-to-date on both data center and security industry trends, including technology, issues and threats to allow a pro-active approach to meeting customers’ security service needs.
- Ensure an annual portfolio risk analysis is performed which covers all locations within the portfolio.
- Provide leadership direction, advice and counsel to line management on Portfolio Security processes and procedures, identify exposures and recommend mitigation strategies to lower risk as appropriate.
- Assists the VP, Portfolio Security with defining Security’s value proposition through alignment of security operational objectives and enterprise business objectives, thereby contributing to the attainment of Digital Realty’s strategic goals and imperatives.
- Manage performance indicators of security service providers consistent with terms and conditions of appropriate MSA’s in place with vendors. Take immediate corrective action when deficiencies arise and ensure no joint employer issues exist.
- Provide project management expertise to ensure completion of security technology projects at the site level in conformance to cost, schedule and performance objectives. Assist the Senior Security Project Manager with deliverables as needed.
- Conduct continuous review of Portfolio Security operational expense and provide recommendations to achieve cost savings and efficiencies while maintaining security service levels.
- Provide staffing recommendations in support of site level Property Management teams.
- Prepare business cases in support of Portfolio Security projects when required.
- In conjunction with the Director of Training, develop and maintain ongoing Security Awareness training for internal constituencies in support of Digital Realty’s strategic objectives.
- Provide New Hire Orientation security training.
- Working with security service provider management, ensure all training specified in MSA’s reflects Digital Realty’s actual training needs and is conducted for all security service vendor employees. Conduct periodic reviews of training documentation to ensure security service provider compliance.
- Conduct regular tests of security service employees’ knowledge of security processes and procedures.
- Review and adjust training imperatives on an annual basis.
- Act as the focal point for any investigations involving threats, unauthorized intrusions, fraud, or any other incident involving a breach of security protocols.
- Conduct forensic reviews of data available through Digital Realty’s security infrastructure.
- Provide timely investigative updates to management and make recommendations for corrective action.
- Document all investigative activity consistent with legal and regulatory requirements, allowing for effective prosecution if warranted.
- Maintain confidentiality of all investigations and disclose information on a need-to-know basis only as determined by management.
Business Continuity/Emergency Management
- Provide leadership direction, advice and counsel to line management on all matters pertaining to incident management and emergency response.
- Serve as a representative of Portfolio Security on local Crisis Management teams as required.
- Provide input to the annual update of the Emergency Response Plan.
- Ensure that all Security Control Centers are equipped with the latest version of the Emergency Response Plan
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day—above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.