Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, invest over hundreds of millions in technology every year so that we can continue to provide exceptional solutions for our customers. As the Director of IT Corporate Support, you will lead a team focused on managing the IT requirements of our clients. You’ll be heavily involved in business development, project and change management, and ongoing client relationship management. We’ll count on you to keep our systems running smoothly by troubleshooting problems, implementing solutions and continuously monitoring and improving the effectiveness of the systems. This is an opportunity for you to roll up your sleeves and grow as a professional, ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Participate in the business development process to analyze client requirements, determine fit and customizations, develop proposals, produce cost estimates, and present our capabilities and solutions to prospective clients
- Support contract development through customizing IT statements of work
- Define business problems and their system solutions, including analysis of alternatives and ROI
- Provide oversight and guidance for project management activities; monitor progress and delivery of IT services according to service level commitments
- Approve schedules, budgets, plans and approaches; resolve scheduling issues between supporting entities, such as Operations, other IT teams, suppliers, clients, etc.
- Provide support to other IT teams by preparing technical documentation when needed
- Implement defined customer support management processes; ensure that client issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Participate in management escalation and recovery during system outages
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 7 years of experience in IT management, customer support and project management
- Experience leading IT support for organizations operating large-scale transaction processing and decision support software in financial, manufacturing and distribution areas
- Financial management experience
- Project management experience with large cross-functional implementations
- Cost accounting experience
- Implementation and support experience with web-based applications, such as Exceed 4000, LPS 2000, ConnectShip, ChainLink, i2's transportation suite, Logility Voyager and order management applications
- Experience in the administration of all areas of IT services activities, including business analysis, software development, transaction processing, systems and user administration
- Expertise and experience in two or more of the following business disciplines: Supply chain management, warehousing, transportation or distribution
It’d be great if you also have:
- Knowledge of contracting procedures in both the commercial and government sectors
- Thorough understanding of current information systems technologies
- Excellent planning, client support, communication, leadership and organizational skills
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.