Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer-Power Distribution to join our team. This position is based at our Grapevine, TX facility.
This position offers relocation!
The Electrical Engineer - Power Distribution is a consultative, technical sales professional responsible for supporting Electrical Consultants (power system designers) that serve the local commercial, institutional and government markets. An Application Engineer must possess both strong technical and commercial skills and be experienced in electrical power distribution, power quality and control.
This position is responsible for working with electrical consultants and specifying engineers to assist in the layout and specification of medium voltage, and low voltage, power distribution systems. A Consulting Application Engineer - Power Distribution will also be responsible for providing technical product and application leadership for external clients, as well as technical mentoring for Eaton sales engineers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Call on electrical engineers at related consulting firms across the assigned sales territory to assist with technical design and position Eaton related products in a preferred position.
- Provide support on major projects including submittals drawings and interfacing with the consultant and owner.
- Work with institutional end users to gain acceptance and promote Eaton products.
- Conduct product seminars and training on Eaton products and solutions at targeted consultant firms.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 7 years of electrical sales or electrical engineering experience
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- A Professional Engineer (PE) License
- LEED AP certification
- Extensive electrical experience
- Technical knowledge regarding the application of Power Distribution products including medium and low voltage switchgear, panelboards and switchboards, protective relaying and busway.
- Proficient on some or all of the following products and applications: Three-phase UPS systems, power monitoring products including metering and software, and power control products including low-voltage and medium voltage drives.
- Strategic understanding of the US Power Distribution market.
- Ability to write technical specifications for new projects in a manner that will put Eaton in an advantageous position when the project is bid
- Ability to interface with Electrical Consultant principals and lead Electrical Engineers, as well as Facility Engineers at Universities, Municipalities and End Users
- Proven capability to find creative solutions to solve complex technical application problems
- Value selling experience
- Ability to travel up to 25%
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Indeed Sponsored Job: IND123-SBengineering