This is a great opportunity in Dallas , TX for a seasoned Electrical Project Engineer / Project Manager .
In this role you will work with state-of-the-art AC and DC power conversion products ranging from 3.5 to 250kVA.
This position's projects will encompass both research and development and test and evaluation functions of the Engineering department.
This position requires flexibility and the ability to work on different projects within a specific timeframe.
The project engineer will have technical responsibility for the electrical aspects of projects including the budgeting, planning, scheduling, testing, and evaluation of existing products as well as products in development.
Principal Duties and Areas of Responsibility
- Analyzes military and government specifications to ensure product compliance
- Gather and analyze aerospace and marine industry standards
- Compile data and prepare reports proving product design meets customer requirements
- Designs, develops, tests and evaluates high-power avionic frequency/power converters
- Work with Marketing to determine feasibility of designs for sale in the target marketplace
- Participates in product test and design reviews at the base level
- Ability to understand, interpret and create electrical schematics using CAD software
- Familiarity with low voltage distribution systems: single phase, split phase, and three phase up to 600 VAC and frequencies from 50 to 800 Hz
- Ability to write technical reports and analysis
- Ability to understand and comply with military and industry standards and specifications
- Experience working with CAD software: EPLAN, Visio, and/or AutoCAD
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to be flexible working on multiple projects and responsibilities at a time
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Detail oriented with accuracy in mind
- Ability to learn quickly and eagerness to further expand skills and experience
B.S. degree in engineering, preferably electrical, from an ABET accredited school - Required
Contact: Pamela Pace 214-454-1489