About Drive Shack Inc.
Drive Shack Inc. is a leading owner and operator of golf-related leisure and entertainment businesses focused on bringing people together through competitive socializing. Today, our portfolio consists of American Golf, Drive Shack, and Puttery.
The Employee Relations (ER) Specialist is responsible for driving employee engagement and retention by ensuring fair and respectful interactions with our associates in all aspects of the employee experience. The ER Specialist works closely with other HR Centers of Excellence (Compensation & Benefits, Talent Acquisition, HR Systems, Compliance, and Payroll) to ensure the cohesive delivery of HR programs and services to the business and our associates The ER specialist is responsible for delivering relevant and effective HR workplace solutions and is responsible for multiple levels of administrative support within HR.
This role is 100% onsite
- Deliver associate relations counseling and support to mangers and associates
- Track all employee relations issues across three company brands
- Provide guidance and assistance with the development and delivery of appropriate feedback
- Manage low to moderate risk cases on a variety of topics including performance, attendance, conduct, and conflict resolution
- Answers inquiries, resolve problems and respond to requests via telephone, email, HR box, intranet, and in person
- Resolve associate issues and concerns in a timely manner
- Investigate work-related or compliance issues and prepare summary reports, conclusions and recommendations
- Participate in problem solving discussions with associates and managers; escalate issues to senior HR roles when necessary
- Collaborate with people managers in assigned areas to ensure HR policies are administered fairly and consistently
- Review disciplinary actions for consistency, adherence to policy and ensure appropriate documentation
- Approve associate terminations via ADP; research issues with data input via Manager self-service as appropriate
- Assist employees and management with the interpretation of Company policies and respond to inquiries and concerns
- Partner with Legal or Compliance by supporting documentation gathering for all administrative changes, and attorney letters
- Assist HR Generalist and VP of HR Director of Human Resources to develop department goals, objectives, systems and processes
- Assist with the research, planning, and execution of company-wide DEI initiatives and strategies
- Takes the lead or assisting roles on various HR projects such as performance bench marking, recruitment processes and/or engagement activities and surveys
- Participate in online webinars to stay up to date with changes in employment law and state regulations; communicate updates to HR team and business partners
- Develop and deliver education programs and trainings designed proactively to address employee relations issues, promote best practice, and improve compliance
- Sort and process incoming mail and documents
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Diversity Management & Promotion
- Critical Thinking
- Emotional Intelligence
- Entrepreneurial Spirit (Drive Results)
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience in employee relations, labor relations, or labor/employment law
- Experience in entertainment and restaurant locations with large hourly employee populations
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Knowledge of HR practices, federal, state and local employment laws
- Experience with exposure to highly sensitive information, and ability to maintain confidentiality, including legal and financial information
- Ability to remain respectful, empathetic, and diplomatic in the face of difficult and uncomfortable situations and conversations surrounding reviews and assessments
- Proven track record of interacting respectfully with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures, and communicating effectively across multiple levels in a growing organization
- Highly developed verbal, written, and presentation communication skills with the ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences
- Solid organizational skills, with attention to detail, and a proven ability to prioritize
- Flexible work attitude while being focused and reliable in an environment of multiple time zones and frequently changing demands in global context.
- Commitment to personal growth and development, and a willingness to regularly receive and act on performance feedback in pursuit of continuous professional growth
- Bachelor's degree required
- Communication (Verbal/Written)
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Presenting information
- Relationship building
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- In office attendance required 5 days a week
- Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures, and rules governing professional staff behavior
- Special working conditions include but are not limited to a range of circumstances such as sitting or standing for periods of time.
- May need to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Drive Shack Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunities for all. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis, (protected class), including but not limited to race, color, religion, genetic information, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, medical conditions, age, disability, citizenship status, uniform service member status, or any other protected class under federal, state, and/or local law.