Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Finance brings together enterprise functions that drive Wells Fargo's financial management, including accounting and control, financial planning and analysis, line of business finance, asset-liability management, treasury, tax management, and the company's investment portfolios. They also inform shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities, employees, and leaders of the company's financial performance through earnings releases, investor meetings and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines.
Reporting into the Senior Finance Manager for Investment Portfolio Demand and Direct Expense Allocations, the Finance Lead Consultant will be responsible Portfolio Financial reporting and analysis, and indirect costs allocations analysis and reporting for the Digital Technology and Innovations CIO in technology and the Consumer and Small Business Banking business group, and Strategy, Digital and Innovations business unit of the firm. Strong technical abilities with knowledge of financial systems/related process workflows and the ability to simplify/analyze large data sets in order to tell the story behind the financials will be critical for this role. Additionally, this role will require leadership and the ability to influence/partner and drive transformational change to the financial environment and underlying processes for the investment strategy, Technology Total Cost of Ownership and Indirect expense allocations methodologies.
Responsibilities of this role includes:
- Provide outstanding leadership through partnership skills in a matrixed environment and proven ability to foster a culture of strong consultation, sound decision making, solid controls, and continuous process improvement
- Strategically partner with Technology Leadership and Consumer Banking (CSBB) and Strategy, Digital and Innovations (SDI) CFO Team to interpret and make recommendations on all financial analysis and reporting of key financial metrics related to Investment demand portfolio and Total Cost of ownership and direct expense allocations to the CSSB and SDI business units, including operating and strategic reviews within Technology and with the Lines of Business
- Understand the overarching strategic direction for both Technology and the Line of Business while working closely with our Line of business CFOs and operations partners on business case validations, capacity and demand alignments, as well as Cost Allocations and presentation of CxO Invoices
- Business case benefits and ROI are accurately reflected in the financial project business cases and forecasts
- Provide advice and technical interpretation on various matters and is a key change agent in building/adopting best practices within the functional area
- Lead initiatives to improve methodologies and processes for delivering complex financial analysis in support of management decision-making for Technology leadership
- Take ownership of issues, provide recommendations and pushback to senior management on Expenses, Contracts, Projects, Strategies, Costing Models and Allocations
Specifically, we seek:
- Problem Solving: Ability to visualize, articulate, and solve problems. Accurately analyzes complex issues, ensuring identification of underlying root causes. Demonstrates the ability to solve problems under conditions of uncertainty and ambiguity. Generates alternative solutions and expertly handles obstacles.
- Professional Skills: Capable prolific communicator that is comfortable working with a wide variety of Technology leaders, stakeholders and business partners. Proven teamwork skills; excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Creativity and Innovation: Able to think creatively and critically to identify opportunities to uniquely and effectively meet customer needs. Strong ability to assess market and competitive conditions and to develop creative, break-through approaches supporting improved customer experiences and operational efficiencies.
- Analytical Thinking: Obtains and uses data necessary to identify opportunities or understand problems; uses quantitative techniques to make it actionable
CHARLOTTE, NC; MINNEAPOLIS, MN; CHANDLER, AZ; NEW YORK, NY; San Francisco, CA
Learn more about Who We Are. Copy and paste this video URL into a new browser tab to view: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmen7-0Ihbk&list=PL1wnNCsFZfFVW7aXdtLBFvYrHynSOJcL0&index=4&pbjreload=101
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
Other Desired Qualifications
- Extensive experience in identifying, thoroughly analyzing, and solving highly complex and cross-organizational problems
- Highly effective, consultative leader with a proven ability to coherently present complex financial topics tailored to audiences of varying seniority and functions in order to create understanding and influence decisions
- Displays strong analytical and critical thinking skills combined with strategic business focus and proven ability to quickly adapt to changing situations
- Leadership experience in strategic planning, developing innovative solutions; driving organizational change and managing teams through change with exceptional track record of delivering results
- Strong ability to manage in a matrixed organization, leading the work while identifying, directing and coordinating resources not in your chain of command
- Advanced technical experience with toolsets like Microsoft Office, Essbase/SmartView/Dodeca, Project Tracking, and Costing tools
- Proven ability to develop and sustain strong relationships across various working groups
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.