Wells Fargo Enterprise Functions include Audit, Corporate Risk, Finance, Human Resources, Legal, Marketing, Public Affairs, and the Chief Operating Office. This highly visible role will have ownership and accountability for all Technology Financial Management activities in support of one or more of the enterprise functions. This includes coordination of all financial planning deliverables, oversight and quality management of monthly forecasting and month-end close processes (e.g., accruals, journals, headcount ramp plans, and vendor expense updates), and annual planning activities.
The Finance Lead will have day-to-day responsibility for partnering with Technology Management and Enterprise Function CFOs to improve overall transparency of Technology spend and drive standing financial reviews of direct and indirect expenses (e.g., allocations), efficiency tracking, and total cost ownership assessments. Additionally, the Finance Lead will be the primary point for portfolio / book of work (BOW) expense planning and business case development in collaboration with their Technology and LOB counterparts.
Strong technical abilities with knowledge of financial systems/related process workflows and the ability to simplify/analyze large data sets in order to tell the story behind the financials will be critical for this role. Additionally, this role will require leadership and the ability to influence/partner and drive transformational change to the financial environment and underlying processes across the entire Technology organization.
- Support all financial processes and reporting including actuals, budget, forecast of various financial and headcount metrics and scenarios/views including general ledger, program/project, taxonomy, product, application, allocations, and business case financials
- Coordinate and oversee month-end financial close including forecasting, reporting, and analysis of direct expenses at a detailed cost center and account level
- Partner with Finance counterparts across the firm to provide financial commentary and analysis regarding financial drivers and variances (i.e. actuals/forecast vs. budget)
- Lead annual budgeting process including business case prioritization of technology investments and spend ensuring strict governance of deliverables and transparency of financials
- Ensure data integrity, accuracy, and timeliness in all financial reporting and presentations
- Maintain and refine key metrics and performance indicators across areas such as Technology workforce, vendor usage and spend, and infrastructure strategy
- Liaise with various stakeholders across Technology, Finance, and COO to ensure best practices and desired results
- Partner with Technology Management and Enterprise Functions CFO’s to drive transformational change to financial processes to ensure accuracy, stability, efficiency, and transparency
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses and recommendations supporting improvement opportunities (e.g., streamlining processes and reporting, financial and headcount trends, etc.)
- Partner across the firm to develop financial management solutions and toolsets leveraging best practices and creative thinking that allow for consistent/streamlined processes
- Ensure connectivity of financial data ecosystem and toolsets to optimize financial processes
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics or reporting
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics, or Reporting
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in financial management supporting large-scale organizations
- 10+ years of Technology Finance experience
- 5+ years of experience in executive leadership/partnership role
- Detail-oriented individual capable of completing reporting and analytics accurately, on a timely basis, and in a presentable manner
- Capacity and desire to work both at a strategic and detailed analysis level
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, MIS, or Economics
- Experience partnering in either a Finance and/or Business Management leadership capacity and providing insights/recommendations to senior management
- Advanced systems skills required including in-depth knowledge of Excel, Essbase, and PowerPoint
- Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner that tells the story behind financials in a compelling way
- Confident and personable attitude with the ability to face off with senior management at all levels, influence/handle difficult messages, problem solve, and resolve conflicts
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities under pressure
- Experience with visualization and reporting tools such as Tableau and Business Objects preferred
- Self-motivated individual to go beyond immediate responsibilities
- Demonstrated track record of successfully building organizational capability including high performing teams, process, and technology. This includes a keen focus and proven results in developing a cultural environment that achieves results through team member engagement, customer loyalty and satisfaction
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.