Company is searching for a Head of Product Marketing with a passion for bringing products to market, developing bold narratives that inspire customers to take action, and building and leading high performance teams. You'll be a student of our market, learning commerce industry dynamics, the competitive landscape and our customers inside and out. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you and your team of Product Marketing, Sales Enablement and Content Managers will develop narratives, content, tools and strategies to fuel effective campaigns and equip our sales team to win.
How You 'll Drive Impact
- Lead the development of product messaging and positioning that showcases the value of Company and differentiates us from the competition.
- Partner with demand generation and digital to craft compelling stories that drive demand and revenue in our Enterprise and SMB businesses.
- Enable our Sales team to confidently present our brand and product. You 'll spearhead sales training, collateral, product positioning and competitive intelligence and differentiation.
- Create original content. You 'll manage product content on our website and blog. Working with our Head of Growth, you 'll play a pivotal role in ideating new campaigns and crafting the content that powers them.
- Develop creative ideas that shape our customer engagement, GTM and internal evangelism that are differentiated and help position Company as a leader.
- Develop a deep understanding of the voice of our customer / prospect to partner with Product and influence future product development.
- Drive amazing product launches to demonstrate innovation and ultimately drive new revenue.
- Work with Sales to inspire, motivate and ultimately win flagship brands through the sales cycle, by helping the company understand the impact and value of Company.
As Product Marketing Leader, you will:
- Build the strategy for how we go to market and the plans for how we execute that strategy
- Drive messaging and positioning, sales enablement, and competitive analysis
- Develop company positioning, product messaging, campaign, and sales enablement materials
- Define and drive go-to-market strategy by creating repeatable sales plays and delivering highest quality marketing materials
- Partner with Growth marketing on programs and messaging to help drive top of the funnel opportunities and build awareness for our brand
- Arm the sales team with tools and training they need to move deals do close
- Work closely with Product Management to provide feedback on product strategy and develop key value drivers for GTM.
- Drive cross-functional efforts to define and operationalize GTM launch of our offerings
- Help us tell our customers' stories and help our sales team leverage existing customers to get more customers
- Build a culture of excellence and a positive environment for the product marketing team to enable consistent success
As a leader at Company, you will:
- Coach and develop performance for a team of highly skilled and hungry product marketers - think 'outside-the-box ' for development opportunities and uplevel the impact of the marketing team
- Provide hands-on leadership to the product marketing team, and the company at-large
- hire the best and brightest
- set crisp, clear expectations and goals, and monitor and enhance progress
- motivate and direct their work
- optimize their talent and productivity
- grow their careers through good planning and execution of the plan
- Lead cross-functional teams focused on company level initiatives as necessary
- Participate in high level company planning, contributing to overall strategy outside of just your functional area
- You are motivated by the opportunity to have a tremendous impact on the business
- You can think strategically about a market and craft the right strategy to go after it
- You are a strong communicator with the ability to create and tell inspirational stories
- You have a growth mindset and are willing to both coach and continuously learn
- You are scrappy, with incredible initiative, and don't wait to get asked to tackle problems (you empty the dishwasher!)
- You are highly energetic, love to be hands on and will thrive in a fast-paced, flexible startup environment
- You are a strong, compassionate people leader that is known for building high impact, highly productive teams
- You are a gifted problem solver who takes initiative and focuses on 'getting stuff done '
- You are highly organized with a high attention to detail and superb communications skills across all platforms
Skills & Requirements:
- 7+ years of product marketing experience at an enterprise technology company
- Experience leading and scaling high performing teams
- Domain expertise in SaaS product go-to-market
- A content master '" strong messaging / positioning skills, and solid writing skills
- Strong understanding of the enterprise software sales motion and how to leverage product and messaging enablement to optimize and improve sales productivity
- Detail and results oriented; skilled at both strategy and hands-on execution; data driven and intuitive
- Empathetic to the needs of our external customers, and internal sales and product teams
- Excellent communication skills in front of any audience - from customers and influencers to senior management and the rest of the company
- Experience launching products, telling bigger-than-it-seems stories about value and differentiation