The HR Generalist is accountable for supporting the Human Resource needs of their assigned department’s talent acquisition, employee relations, policy and legal compliance, performance management, compensation review and employee coaching.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Coordinates talent acquisition as needed, including required approvals, recruiting strategy development, advertising, candidate sourcing, interviewing and on-boarding assistance
- Provides a high level of customer service in all interactions with employees, peers, management and visitors
- Builds effective business partnerships with management by developing a solid understanding of the business, and by seeking to develop and/or recommend human resource solutions that balance employee needs with departmental goals
- Supports corporate HR Management with administration of various projects and policy/procedure implementation and changes
- Manages special projects
- Support HR Management to successfully address complex employee relations and performance issues by conducting, creating and maintaining appropriate documentation, organizing information and making recommendations regarding course of action
- Stays current with HR related regulations and acceptable practices
- Utilizes tools, systems & resources effectively in order to analyze employee data, develop solutions and provide support to meet internal customer needs that ensure strong cross-functional communication. This includes but is not limited to benefits, compensation, and systems such as applicant tracking, time off/absence, HRIS, and other HR related systems used to facilitate job accountabilities
SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
- Considerable knowledge of practices and standards of HR office administration and regulations and practices
- Strong training, analytical and organizational skills, process focused and attention to detail
- Sound judgment, demonstrate problem solving abilities, decisiveness and flexibility
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- PC experience in a Microsoft Windows environment, proficient with internet email, Word, Excel, Outlook and other software. Minimum intermediate Excel skills required. Ability to effectively learn and manage various systems used in an HR environment
- Regular attendance at work is an essential part of the job.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Minimum three to five years’ professional Human Resources experience is required. PHR preferred.
This is a summary of the primary accountabilities and requirements for this position. The company reserves the right to modify or amend accountabilities and requirements at any time at its sole discretion based on business needs. Any part of this job description is subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and veterans.