Instructional CE Coordinator - Manufacturing and Industrial Technology (2 Positions)
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$53,000 - $84,800 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
NOTE: One position will report to the Dean of Advanced Manufacturing, Mechatronics, and Logistics & Supply Chain Technology. One position will report to the Dean of Construction and Automotive Technology. Experience with technical programs is preferred.
The Instructional Continuing Education (CE) Coordinator will serve within one of the Dallas College academic Schools. Dallas College is establishing the Schools with a new, ambitious academic framework to ensure the Schools align with the North Texas region’s workforce and industry needs and to ensure graduates’ success in their careers. The Instructional CE Coordinator will report to the Dean, Academic Affairs or the Vice Provost and is responsible for coordinating the development and delivery of quality CE curriculum to serve the needs of industry partners and/or community members. To do so, the position will collaborate with a cross-functional team supporting CE, including Faculty, Staff, Department Chairs, Deans, the Vice Provost, the Senior Director of Workforce, and others. The Instructional CE Coordinator will collaborate with the Dean, Academic Affairs and Senior Director of Workforce to establish and maintain industry and community partnerships.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Skilled in curriculum development, instruction, and evaluation in one or more of the field areas within the School.
• Strong collaborator who can work with a cross-functional team to accomplish goals.
• Ability to think strategically and innovatively creating realistic plans and workflows.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and possess strong analytical skills and organizational skills.
• Demonstrates a high degree of proficiency in performing job assignments within allotted times.
• Advanced ability to use computer technology to access data, maintain records, and prepare reports.
• Utilizes excellent interpersonal, listening, oral and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with diverse internal and external stakeholders and constituents in the Dallas College community network.
• Complies with College policies/procedures as well as applicable local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
• Must complete required Professional Development training hours per academic year.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Requires an Associates degree or higher in one of the field areas within the School.
• Three (3) years of professional work experience.
• At least one (1) year of prior teaching experience at an institution of higher education.
• Demonstrated success in curriculum or program development in one of the fields within the School.
***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Oversees the curriculum development for non-credit or credit CE courses to meet industry and/or community needs. Integrates industry or professional certifications in the design of CE curriculum.
• Identifies community partners and assists the Department Chair and Dean with Advisory meetings.
• Identifies, secures, and manages space, equipment, and resources needed to deliver courses.
• Assists the Department Chair in managing the budget for CE course delivery.
• Recruits and onboards qualified CE Instructors to sufficiently meet CE staffing needs.
• Maintains accurate course records and collects data for state and grant reporting.
• Ensures quality instruction through continuous improvement practices.
• Develops an assessment process to measure student learning and program effectiveness.
• Develops and tracks key performance indicators for student and program success. Analyzes data to inform decisions and make improvements.
• Keeps abreast of new trends in the fields in the School and develops new CE training programs to prepare a workforce that will meet the needs of emerging fields.
• Collaborates with Department Chairs to develop pathways from non-credit courses to credit Certificate or degree programs when applicable.
• Serves as the primary point-of-contact for instructional and curriculum matters for CE courses and programs within the School.
• Collaborates with the Scheduling Team and Department Chair to develop a CE course schedule that best meets student and external partner needs.
• Collaborates with Marketing and Workforce & Advancement to develop marketing materials and assist with recruitment.
• Collaborates with Workforce & Advancement on industry and grant funding opportunities for CE programs.
• Collaborates with the Vice Provost, Dean, Academic Affairs, Department Chairs, and Workforce and Academic Services to set strategic goals for developing innovative training solutions to meet industry or community needs.
• Teaches one CE course in their qualified field. Additional teaching assignments beyond one CE course, if approved, will be compensated as extra service.
• Perform other job duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.