Savannah, GA or Carrollton, TX
The TMX Finance® Family of Companies is looking for an Instructional Designer to join the team and develop learning curricula crucial to effectively develop team members at all levels. As the ideal candidate, you will assess the needs of the organization and coordinate the design and production of instructional materials and training deliverables such as educational videos, instructional manuals, e-learning modules, training facilitation guides, and more. Your exceptional organizational skills, as well as proficiency in technical writing, instructional design, and multimedia production are the keys to your success in this role.
Flexibility to consider candidates in either our Carrollton, TX or Savannah, GA corporate office locations.
Collaborate with instructional designers using adult learning principles and interactivity to create and deliver a blended learning experience in the classroom and via e-learning and virtual training.
Conceptualize, design, and develop curricula and other learning plans that facilitate effective education of adult learners.
Interpret technical information regarding products and operational procedures in order to identify knowledge gaps and learning objectives.
Monitor and evaluate learning outcomes to course-correct where needed in order to effectively impact the needs of the business.
Coordinate the step-by-step development of both learning objects and curricula from inception to administration.
Build and maintain a library of resources that address developmental needs and required competencies.
• Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Communications, Art, Education, Instructional Design, or an equivalent program
• 1-3 years’ experience in technical writing, instructional design, or learning and development.
• Must have a portfolio of digital and/or printed learning deliverables demonstrating skill and experience
• Demonstrated creativity and professionalism
• Proven ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
• Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator and InDesign
• Previous experience with eLearning software such as Articulate Storyline, Rise, Adobe Captivate, or similar.
• Previous experience with screen capture software such as Snagit or Camtasia.
• Previous experience working with or in a Learning Management System
• Physical demands for this position frequently include: the ability to remain in a stationary position, move about freely inside and occasionally outside of the office, and the operation of mechanical controls, such as a keyboard.
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop and/or Audition
Learn More About Us
The Instructional Designer is a member of the Learning & Development Team, part of the Human Capital group, dedicated to supporting our team members and creating an environment where we can all thrive. Composed of in-house designers, system experts, leadership trainers, implementation specialists, and project managers, this team brings Company initiatives and business strategies to life for our store and corporate team members. To learn more about this team, visit www.tmxfinancefamily.com/careers/top-talent/.
Check out what’s happening in our Company at www.tmxfinancefamily.com/tmx-talks.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. The Company may, at its discretion, revise the job description at any time, and additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Requirements, skills and abilities included have been determined to illustrate the minimal standards required to successfully perform the position.
All TMX Finance® Family of Companies Are Equal Opportunity Employers.