Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
The Supervisor of International Transportation is responsible for managing the international operations and all related functions and personnel, reporting directly to the Director of Transportation. The international operations team is responsible for managing all aspects of international transportation. The Supervisor will oversee the coordination and needs for all international freight for Dal-Tile. This person will be expected to approach challenges with creative thought, a sense of urgency and be customer based in all solutions developed. Qualified candidates must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demanding clients who are deadline driven. They must be organized, thoughtful, positive and able to easily adapt to different situations that come up daily
- Oversee the international transportation needs - air, ocean, rail and inland drayage to ensure complete customer satisfaction by facilitating timely delivery and accurate communication.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the international operations and maintain direct contact with other departments involved in the delivery of the international cargos
- Establish relationships and interact with internal/external shipping locations, forwarders, ocean shipping lines, OTR providers, and transload facilities to ensure goods materials are delivered on-time and at an optimized cost
- Knowledgeable of ocean carriers in all global areas and able to lead and negotiate direct contracts with carriers in a strategic and professional manner.
- Provide support to monitor ocean shipping lines contracts, while continuously ensuring that the ocean capacity reflects the needs of the business
- Ensure that all issues related to service failures are followed up on and corrective action implemented.
- Leading and direct the international team to ensure roles, responsibilities, objectives and expectations are defined and understood.
- Establish KPI are established, review and enforced to obtain continuous improvement and cost savings.
- Analyze international transportation performance and spend data and complete root cause analysis to identify anomalies/exceptions and lead corrective actions and improvement opportunities
- Provide freight quotes and ad hoc logistics scenario planning upon request.
- Provide international transportation related project support and participation.
- Ensure that department performance meets and exceeds established standards.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for all staff within department.
- Recommend and implement strategies to continually improve department performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience/ knowledge of International Operations
- Supervisory experience required
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly.
- Practical knowledge of SAP strongly desired
- Demonstrated ability to lead, influence and drive for results within operation.
- Ability to work under pressure with high sense of urgency and manage multiple priorities with confidence.
- Strong analytical capability and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to formulate and implement action plans.
- Ability to develop talent through goal setting, coaching and performance feedback
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Examples include: Company Match on 401k, Employee Purchase Discount, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.