LEONARDO DRS (“DRS”) is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, DRS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A, which employs more than 60,000 people worldwide. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Overview of Electro Optical Infrared Systems
The Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) line of business within DRS has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. EOIS develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
Work on a wide variety of facilities projects for the site including equipment installation, cleanroom requested services, maintenance, project coordination and execution, design, and troubleshooting on general facilities items.
- High School or Trade School diploma; prefer license in specific specialty with 5+ years of experience
- Solid working knowledge of OSHA requirements, and knowledge of safe working techniques and procedures
- Requires strong communication, organizational skills
- Requires proficiency with Microsoft office
- Semiconductor facilities experience
- Strong mechanical experience
- Experience with a wide variety of chemicals
- Experience with compliance in OSHA, air permits, water permit
- Experience with hazardous waste programs
- Experience with Autocad or interest in learning how to use it
- Assist engineer to move/install cleanroom and lab equipment. Measure equipment for fit, find utility connections for use by mechanics, manage contract mechanics and other specialty trade workers.
- Provide facilities services requested by cleanrooms
- Troubleshoot and trace utility issues. Pull raised floor tiles to trace items such as gas, water, drains, and exhaust. Trace utilities in the ceiling in lab and admin areas.
- Familiar with standard semiconductor utility installation materials: Swagelok, VCR, various type of piping, tubing, and ductwork.
- When not supporting the cleanrooms, work on maintenance and other requested tasks such as taking duct airflow readings, checking temperature readings, gathering data, etc.
- Support and participate in technical activity related to the facility including design, construction, and maintenance
- Use Autocad software for working on projects
- Ability to work independently under supervision of others and work well with others
- Review customer specifications and requirements, and under direction develops designs to best support them, including cost, schedule, and quality as key design variables
- Responds to problems and issues in a tactful and expedient manner
- Must be courteous, patient and detail oriented
- Collects data and generates reports and metrics
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to lift / push / pull up to 25 lbs up to 25% of time
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling
- Some ladder work
- May work outdoors up to 2% of time
- May travel up to 2% of time
- Work availability: Mostly standard workweek, with some evenings, weekends and holidays
- On call up to two months/year, and able to arrive at work within 45 minutes if problem cannot be resolved over the phone
Only candidates that meet the qualifications set forth above are eligible to be contacted for further information. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS