The Legal Secretary will support U.S. Renal Care legal team attorneys and paralegals and provide backup for the Executive Administrative Assistant to our General Counsel. The Legal Secretary will maintain attorney’s calendar, travel and expense reports, process mail, and assist in various other activities as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and tasks may be assigned.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Conserves legal team’s time by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications; organizing client conferences, and attorney meetings; scheduling couriers, and other special functions; coordinating preparation of charts, graphs, and other courtroom visuals; preparing expense reports.
- Represents legal team by communicating and obtaining information; following-up on delegated assignments; knowing when to act and when to refer matters to attorney and/or paralegal.
- Maintains attorney’s calendar by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, and travel and prepares expense report, when requested.
- Maintains confidential information.
- Processes all mail and file paperwork and legal documents in an organized manner for easy access including soft copies of records.
- Drives to post office to pick up mail and process it appropriately.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Performs backup Executive Administrative Assistance as needed.
- Actively promotes GUEST customer service standards; develops effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Participates in team concepts and promote a team effort; performs duties in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required for the job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Three (3) plus years law firm experience required; prior experience with corporate law is a plus.
- Advanced typing (minimum 80 wpm) skills.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license in applicable state. License must be maintained as current, without restrictions and good driving record.
- Must have proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word and Outlook); advanced Excel and Adobe Profession preferred. Proficiency in USRC applications required within 90 days of hire.
U.S. Renal Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran.