Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
- Perform general clinical care to patients, administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with clinical standards
- Assist with the preparation of equipment and aids physician during treatment, examinations, and testing of patients
- Collect blood, tissue or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepares them for testing
- Administer injections and prescribed medications as directed by the physician
- Observe, records, and reports patient’s condition and reactions to drugs and treatments to the physician and administers prescribed medications as directed by the physician
- Greet patients and prepares them for examination, screens patients for appropriate information and instructs patients in collection of samples and tests
- Record patients' medical history, vital statistics and additional information such as test results in electronic medical records
- Respond to and refers incoming telephone calls. Instructs patients and family members regarding medications, test results and treatment instructions
- Assist with referrals and medication refills
- Arrange for patient testing and admission to the hospital when necessary
- Maintain patient recall lists
- Formulate and updates patient care plans, and orders, prepares, and inspects patient charts, records, tests, and examination results in the patient chart
- Prepare examination rooms, including restocking of supplies in treatment areas
- Attend required meetings and participates in team activities and professional development activities
- Resolve site requests as assigned
- Represent clinic in a professional manner and treat all customers, internal and external, in a courteous and cooperative
- Handle triage phone calls
- Escort patient to exam rooms, interview patient, measure vital signs (i.e. weight, blood pressure, pulse, and temperature) and documents in patient chart
The physical demands of this job are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, grasp, handle, or feel and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, see, speak, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to kneel, climb, or balance. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds and rarely lift more than 25 pounds.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School diploma or GED
- Current unrestricted TX state license
- BLS / CPR within 30 days
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- 1+ years of experience in a clinic environment
- Verbal and writing ability required to communicate effectively in informing employees of activities and policies
- Numerical ability
- Ability to work safely with equipment, supplies, and materials
USMD part of OptumCare is a multi-specialty group of hospital, clinics and physicians. USMD serves the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area with more than 250 physicians and associate practitioners, and provides healthcare services to patients in more than 20 different specialties at its 2 hospitals, 4 cancer treatment centers and nearly 50 physician clinics, many of which are multi-specialty.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: LVN, LPN, clinic, Arlington, Mansfield, Midlothian, TX, Texas