As a Quality Assurance Nurse, your primary function is to oversee and monitor the quality of pediatric skilled nursing notes by reviewing our nursing documentation. The Quality Assurance Nurse will also need the ability to establish and maintain relationships with internal and external staff, clients, and the professional public. Our quality assurance staff helps provide education on skill proficiency, documentation standards, and agency policy. This position reports directly to the Corporate Quality Assurance Manager.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Analyzes, reviews, and reports on nursing documentation, including 485s, nursing notes,and physician’s orders.
- Monitor compliance with agency policy as well as federal and state regulations
- Resolves charting issues and identifies solutions
- Assists agency with surveys and audits, including annual QAPI
- Assists with education for external clinical staff, families, and other professionals
- Develops, implements, and maintains systems to ensure effective and high-quality professional nursing care
- Reviews all reports of complaints, errors, and incidents for full documentation within agency policy
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Current state License as a Licensed Vocational Nurse or a multi-state license issued by a state member of the National Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC)
- Current Texas Driver’s License
- 2 years of experience in pediatric home health bedside nursing, preferred
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS from American Red Cross or American Heart Association (or subsidiary)
- Basic computer skills required; experience with Kantime Medicare software a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills