The Brink's name is a promise to respect the trust we've earned in over 150 years in business. Every employee honors that promise by offering the highest levels of service and support to our customers. We take pride in our work, and we share a passion about our future. Learn why so many people have made the choice to join our team - and stay here.
Manager Finance and Accounting
The Brink's Company (NYSE:BCO) is the global leader in total cash management, route-based secure logistics and payment solutions including cash-in-transit, ATM services, cash management services (including vault outsourcing, money processing and intelligent safe services), and international transportation of valuables. Our customers include financial institutions, retailers, government agencies, mints, jewelers and other commercial operations. Our global network of operations in 52 countries serves customers in more than 100 countries.
The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager Accounts Payable
The position is responsible for being a member of the leadership team that drives the strategic and tactical direction in Accounts Payable. He/she will supervise at team of X and report to the Director of Accounts Payable.
- Manage all aspects of Accounts Payable such as transactional invoice processing, disbursements, vendor master, etc. that full under Procure-to-Pay cycle.
- Lead and manage all activities related to the offshore transactional processing team.
- Partner with vendors and internal customers to help improve process and interpret meaningful information for decision-making.
- Ensure accurate and timely support of the financial close process including review and approval of journal entries.
- Ensure all Monthly and Quarterly Corporate reporting deadlines are met
- Ensure annual 1099's are generated and IRS filing is done timely
- Partner with SOX to ensure full compliance and effective control procedures are in place and effectively functioning.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and support both Internal and External audits.
- Ensure that all projects and initiatives are consistent with the organization's established policies and objectives. Submit proposal for approval, along with a project plan and budget.
- Effectively manage labor cost to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist in the preparation of various financial activities including data gathering, trending, modelling, forecasting, planning and reporting as assigned.
- Other projects and duties assigned by Director and/or Controller
- Direct reports: 4-7
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5 years of broad Finance experience in accounting
- Minimum 3 year's supervisory/managerial experience of finance/accounting team
- Minimum 3 year's experience with large Financial systems software experience required (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft)
- Excellent knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley
- Excellent Microsoft Excel (proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with high attention to detail required
- Experience with Financial close process
- Ability to work with all levels to identify and fix problems
- Strong working experience and knowledge of SOX control concepts
- Experience with Publically traded company
- Experience with a large company that has multi-location setting.
- Experience with Statutory reporting requirements for Accounts Payable
- Strong leadership, communication (written and verbal) and influencing skills
Brink's is the global leader in security and logistics services, trusted by banks, financial institutions and businesses in both public and private sectors. We deliver the currency of the world to businesses in our communities. We do it because we're needed. We do it because we're trusted and valued. We do it because it makes us proud. Brink's Proud.
Thank you for considering applying for a job at Brink's U.S. To be considered for this position, you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature.
Upon completion of the application process, you will receive an email confirming that we have received your application. We will review all candidates and notify you of your status should we deem you fit for a job. Thank you again for your interest in a career at Brink's U.S. For more information about future career opportunities, join our talent network, Like our Facebook page or Follow us on Twitter.
Brink's is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or history or any other characteristic protected by law. Brink's is also committed to providing a drug free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.