Manage all aspects of Human Resources within a union environment. Includes making recommendations, planning, directing, coordination and implementation of all human resource management processes and programs to include: retention, recruitment, training, employee relations and engagement, consequence management process, investigations, performance management, compensation, merit reviews and worker’s compensation administration. Responsible for ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations as they relate to the Human Resources function. Establish a strong alliance between company and associate. Oversee the Human Resource Generalist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create, implement and maintain a talent management strategy including workforce planning, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and development; performance planning, management development and improvement; and succession planning.
- Fill vacant positions utilizing an Applicant Tracking System. Manage the hiring process utilizing outsourced staffing utilization when necessary while ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and company policies. Ensure practices foster attracting, motivating and retaining a high performing diverse workforce.
- Plan and conduct new associate company orientation and onboarding processes to foster effective transition with the company. Oversee new hire training process for production and non-production associates to ensure compliance to processes.
- Manage associate relations including handling Union grievances and associate complaints in a timely and effective manner. This may include conducting investigations and recommending resolutions.
- Coach and provide input to managers and supervisors to provide quality, timely and consistent performance management to include coaching and development.
- Administer worker’s compensation to ensure timely accident investigations and proper filing with the Insurance Carrier as well as facilitate the associate’s return to work.
- Oversee associate retention to include recommending and implementing retention programs as well as conducting effective exit interviews and analysis.
- Oversee maintenance of Company policies including but not limited to maintaining attendance and PTO records
- Identifies inefficiencies in processes and makes improvement recommendations.
- Oversee and implement associate relations initiatives such as associate luncheons, holiday recognition events, associate professional development activities etc.
- Proficient in HRIS systems to provide support to HR Generalist in all aspects of timekeeping, payroll and system updates.
- Other duties as required
Direct reports include Human Resources Generalist
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience / education.
- 8+ years of prior Human Resource experience, 2 years Management experience.
- Strong effective communicator in writing and interpersonal communication.
- Fluency in Spanish is a requirement.
- Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Demonstrates high degree of confidentiality in interpersonal interaction.
- Change agent effective in fast-paced environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Most of the time is spent sitting with a need to stand and walk frequently. There may be a need to stoop regularly or move/lift light material or equipment (typically less than 8lbs).
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to work a flexible schedule required and may also need to work overtime as needed. EEO/Vet Disabled