Provides management support and coordination for all medical staff, medical education and continuing education services. Maintains productive, professional relationships with all levels of staff. Develops departmental plans, budgets and directs staff as appropriate. Maintains knowledge of current medical staff and medical education standards as related to deemed agencies, State Law and other regulations to assure compliance.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent education/experience.
- Certification from the National Association of Medical Staff Services as Certified Professional in Medical Services Management (CPMSM), preferred.
- Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS), or equivalent, required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a hospital with 2 years full time experience in the Medical Staff Services Department as a Medical Staff Manager or Medical Staff Coordinator
- Must have strong computer, communication and writing skills with knowledge of medical terminology.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf