We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Operations Manager oversees the overall operation of the mixing center to include tracking of all incoming containers/trailers, accurate inventory receiving, staging, and efficient/proper distribution of tires, wheels, and accessories to designated Distribution Centers while decreasing freight exposure through effective scheduling and Supply Chain communications. He/she leads operations supervisors who ensure accuracy of physical inventory and complete deliveries for Distribution Centers when staging and delivering shipment orders in a timely and accurate manner. Monitors recruitment and Right Start onboarding; leads daily meetings with staff to address issues, improve efficiencies, safety awareness, and to issue corrective action as required. Ensures compliance with all Company guidelines, policies and federal and state regulations; develops and leads talent to support ATD's SEAL operating platform.
- Manages all operations supervisors who organize the labor of loading/unloading trailers/containers, operating fork lifts/industrial equipment, picking material to fill orders, staging product for loading, periodic inventory control and proper shipment of orders via third party carriers (LTL).
- Coaches his operations supervisors to ensure accuracy of physical inventory and complete carrier deliveries for all Distribution Centers when staging and delivering shipment orders in a timely manner to maintain inventory integrity to below 2% absolute variances.
- Leads shift supervisors with the SEAL Right Start onboarding, trains or provides adequate training for staff members associates; coaches and evaluates team members; investigates complaints performance concerns; implements disciplinary action as needed and in consultation with human resources.
- Promotes organizational health and leads the company safety program by establishing effective training and clear expectations to assure a safe and compliant work environment.
- Ensures full compliance with OSHA, DOT, ADA and other governmental regulatory agencies while complying with Company policies concerning health and safety.
- Leads daily and weekly meetings with staff to identify and address issues to improve efficiencies; performs weekly huddles at the mixing center to ensure all teams understand work tasks expectations and deliverables.
- Plans and leads all assigned warehousing activities with operations supervisors and administration to ensure quality delivery of all daily production goals; may design and implement work methods and procedures to increase productivity and improve service to internal and external customers.
- Manages maintenance of assigned facility, product handling equipment and inventory warehousing control systems.
- Champions safe working conditions and monitors team members to ensure safe operation of equipment within the mixing center.
- Any other applicable duties and responsibilities assigned by management.
- Mixing Center – Operations Supervisors
Key Partners (Positions):
- Mixing Center- General Manager, Operations Supervisors, HR Business Partner, Inventory Control Manager, Warehouse Lead, Dispatcher, Inbound Coordinator, Distribution Excellence Managers, DC Supervisors, Hub and Spoke Leaders across the network.
Experience(s) that Best Prepares You:
- Education: High School Degree or GED minimum; College Degree preferred (BSBA or logistics)
- 5-8 years’ experience managing in a high volume, low margin, high customer service distribution environment.
- Thorough understanding of supply chain, distribution, warehouse, transportation and inventory.
- Thorough understanding of P&L statements and OPEX costing structures.
- Demonstrated people skills including influencing skills, listening and the ability to communicate effectively to diverse groups.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Distribution and Processing -- Knowledge of materials, warehouse processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective distribution of goods.
- Administration and Management -- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Developing and Building Teams -- Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Judgment and Decision Making -- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Management of Financial Resources -- Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, in the most cost effective manner available, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards -- Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Coaching and Developing Others -- Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Oral Expression and Comprehension -- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Expression -- The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Reading Comprehension -- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Basic math - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commission proportions, percentages and area. Ability to apply concepts of basic business math.
- Computer programs - Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Capacity and desire to master other Company tools such as Oracle Discoverer and WMS, Road Net, etc.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required: 10%
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Job ID: R12431