Underwrites residential mortgage loans in accordance with FHA/HUD/VA/Agency and internal guidelines ensuring compliance with company and investor standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent, BA/BS Preferred
- Must have a minimum of 5 years mortgage underwriting experience
- Must have valid DE/CHUMS ID for FHA
- SAR and LAPP, VA Automatic approved for VA Underwriting Preferred
- DU/DO, LP, Total Scorecard, GUS Proficient
- Has current in-depth experience and complete knowledge of FHA/VA/FNMA/USDA lending guidelines and understands how those relate to internal and investor guidelines.
- Proven computer skills must be proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Encompass Experience preferred
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a positive attitude
- Must be dependable, self-motivated and require minimal supervision
- Must have demonstrated organizational skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Able to make timely, accurate underwriting decisions on all FHA/VA/Conventional transactions using independent judgment and discretion.
- Able to clearly communicate FHA/VA/FNMA/USDA, corporate, and investor guidelines to customers, loan processors, and sales associates.
- Acts as a secondary review and escalation point for conventional loans and government loans.
- Has thorough knowledge of complex personal and business financial analysis and expertise in tax return and balance sheet analysis.
- May provide training/mentoring to underwriters, loan processors, and sales associates.
- Maintain knowledge of Highlands Residential’s policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None