Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS:
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Our Diagnostics business currently has an opportunity for a Software Engineer – C# .Net Development. This is an experienced individual contributor position and the primary function is to develop software for an automated IVD system for blood and plasma screening. The position can be based in our Lake County, IL or Irving, TX office.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will participate in a team-oriented environment to define and develop user interface, business rules, and data management applications.
- Software development responsibilities include executing software development life cycle activities from software requirements, design and implementation through design verification.
- Develop, test and integrate software using current software technologies.
- Responsible for fault isolation, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis activities during system integration and testing for systems in development and on-market.
- Requires the ability to estimate and plan own work activities, coordinate activities with other software engineers and review other software engineer's work.
- Able to apply the latest software design and development tools and techniques as required.
- Support software feature definition activities by working closely with software system engineers, software developers, software testers, and other subject matter experts.
- Investigate on-market issues, determine appropriate corrections, and implement those corrections underneath our software engineering process.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar engineering discipline including Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering is required.
- 5 yrs. relevant experience and a bachelor’s degree or 3 yrs. with MS. Experience should be related to software design and coding.
- Good knowledge of software engineering principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Experience developing Windows Desktop applications utilizing .NET framework
- Strong background in .NET/C#, WCF, C++, etc.
- User Interface development in WPF/XAML
- Database development using SQL Server
- Strong Objected Oriented Analysis and Design skills
- Familiarity with modern software architecture and design patterns
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to set and meet tight deadlines and function well under pressure.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.