Experis is partnering with a client to hire a Network Architect for a temp to perm opportunity in the Plano Area.
Serve in an overall Architect capacity, responsible for the development of tactical and strategic solutions that deliver on vision while establishing Architecture standards. The Principle Network Architect role is focused on foundational and transformational technologies that will enable IT and the business to grow and thrive, while remaining cost effective and increasing stability and performance. The Network Architect will work with Systems Engineers, Solution Architects, Development Staff and Business Leaders to develop solutions and establish architectural patterns. The Principle Network Architects will provide leadership and technical direction to IT and project staff.
- The Principle Network Architect will serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in one or more of the following areas: Networking, Security and Performance
- Will work closely with the Engineering and Operations staff to ensure the smooth operation of IT network infrastructure and establish Operational Best Practices.
- Will act as a support escalation point.
- Will work with the Project Management Office to provide architectural guidance on strategic projects.
- Leads the development of formalized solution methodologies
- Provides a bridge between business and technical teams
- Primary IT leadership interface to functional domain management for developing strategy on specific solutions
- Makes presentations to senior business and IT leadership.
- Develops broad business and technical ecosystem knowledge and expertise for multi-domains in order to ensure solutions meet business requirements and overall quality standards
- Ensures solution architecture stays on course with the overall program and long-term vision of the entire suite of technical solutions.
- Makes critical decisions that define a specific direction for a system in terms of implementation, operational performance, scalability, usability, fit for purpose, and maintenance.
- Provides expertise to identify and translate system requirements into detailed design documentation.
- Directs cross-functional resources to identify root cause of system and operational issues, analyze data and recommend solutions.
- Abstracts the complexity of a system into a manageable model that describes the essence of a system by exposing important details and significant constraints.
- Perform proactive evaluation and assessment of new networking technologies
- Develop and maintain network standards and guidelines
- Continually assess the existing environment and identify opportunities for improving solutions and services
- Expert knowledge of network protocols including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP. Advanced knowledge of routing and switching protocols.
- Familiarity with IT governance standards and compliance including ITIL, PCI, and SOC
- Knowledge of Software Defined Networking (ACI, Meraki)
- Experience with standard load balancer design.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations of overall network requirements for performance, availability, utilization and reliability
- Ensures that all architectural artifacts and deliverables are developed to the highest quality standards; provides architectural review and approval for major solutions.
- Prior experiences in identifying potential design, performance, security, and support problems, including ability to identify technical risks/challenges and develop relevant mitigation strategies.
- Extensive knowledge of the broad spectrum of technology areas, including technology trends, forthcoming industry standards, new products, and the latest solution development techniques; ability to leverage this knowledge to formulate technical solution strategy.
- Network Architects require a deep level of expertise across a broad range of technologies.
- Network Architects must have experience in developing specifications, logical and physical designs, bills of material and implementation of Enterprise Network and Infrastructure projects.
- Certification in one or more technology stacks is preferred (Cisco, F5, Security)
- At least 15 years of experience in technology positions is required
- 5 years of experience in an Architecture role is required
- Experience in leading large, multi-discipline project teams is required
- Must have the ability and aptitude to mentor junior technical staff
- Must have the ability to create and present material to Senior Executive staff
- Experience in large/complex and agile environment
- Excellent understanding of VPN - site to site, client, IPSEC (including the protocol suite), IKE, tunnel modes, SSL clientless / AnyConnect, Tunnels between ASAs, Routers
- Extensive experience and strong technical skills including the design, configuration, and tuning of Cisco firewalls
- Knowledge and understanding of network security best practices
- Experience with monitoring and deploying, network diagnostic and network analytics tools.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Core Routing and Switching design.
- Spanning-tree, VTP, Port Channels, Load balancing, SPAN
- Quality of Service (QoS) understanding and configuration, able to customize across all Cisco platforms to support voice and selected applications
- Ability to multi-task, be highly organized, work independently and display strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers and subject matter experts with strong presentation skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field; Master's degree is preferred.
- Able to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- Experienced and skilled user of office productivity tools such as Visio, Microsoft Office Suite, Project, SharePoint and Project Server.
- Must be self-motivated, independent, resourceful and a demonstrated leader who is capable of being objective and giving/taking constructive feedback.
- CCNP or CCIE preferred