Location: Dallas, Texas
Our Client is looking for an experienced Network Engineer to ensure the network health and performance of a 240+ store retail chain, as well as the Headquarters office, including support for 150+ employees as well as mission critical Warehouse and Optical Lab operations onsite. Other responsibilities include managing VPN tunnels between all store locations, main office, hosted data center, and AWS VPC. A successful candidate will be able to handle all day to day network maintenance as well as perform projects at remote locations with vendor support to achieve a standardized network deployment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of Fortinet network environment including Fortigates (80E and 600D), FortiAP, FortiClient VPN access, FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer.
- Help design and deploy 4G secondary internet solution for all retail locations and set up effective failover policies and VPN tunnel rebuilding.
- Approves and modifies network design and architecture to ensure compliance.
- Maintain network infrastructure which includes a core stack of HP switches with 2x Fortigate 600Ds in an active passive failover configuration along with switches and equipment in IDF closets at the clients Headquarters location.
- Manage company content filtering and website restriction policies.
- Ensures capacity planning is performed and proactive in assessing and making recommendations for improvement.
- Performs maintenance and upgrades of network devices including the restoration of hardware and software.
- Performs “turn up” of new network services at store locations with vendor support.
- Deploy and maintain IDP/IPS policies consistent with Industry standard best practices (ISO, NIST, etc.)
- Optimize QOS/traffic shaping for VOIP phone environment (Ring Central/8x8)
- Works with end users and vendors to resolve network hardware and software issues.
- Serve as 3rd level escalation point and mentor for other team members.
- Assist the IT Team with special projects.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education & Experience Requirements
- 2-4 years of experience as a Network Engineer
- A degree in a relevant technical or business program – preferred but not required
- Fortinet NSE Certification (NSE4 or higher) – preferred but not required.
- Familiar with management of Fortigate devices and policies using Fortimanager tool.
- Familiar with analysis and reporting using FortiAnalyzer tool
- Must be able to analyze network traffic to isolate application functionality or performance issues, potentially including packet traces or deep log analysis.
- Experience using tools for SNMP collection, SIEM, or log aggregation.
- May provide leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to a helpdesk team.
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills and be able to prioritize multiple projects and priorities.
- Self-starter with high level of initiative and a strong sense of ownership and urgency.
- Ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships among the team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to frequent changes and ability to react quickly.
- Ability to perform work under minimal supervision
- Technical, problem solving skills required
For more information on this job: https://rekruiters.com/jobs/
Rekruiters has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.
https://www.rekruiters.com – Main Site
[Click Here to Email Your Resumé] – Twitter
https://www.facebook.com/rekruiters/ – Facebook