Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
As the company's second line of defense, Corporate Risk — or Independent Risk Management — provides independent oversight of risk-taking activities. Independent Risk Management establishes and maintains Wells Fargo's risk management program and provides oversight, including challenges to and independent assessment of, the frontline's execution of its risk management responsibilities. We manage risk according to the Risk Management Framework and ensure all employees understand their individual accountability for managing risk.
The Operational Risk Senior Officer will be responsible for applying independent risk management practices to ensure the Enterprise Functions and Operations Technology groups are performing, functioning in a safe and sound manner and are in compliance with regulatory requirements and guidelines from multiple jurisdictions (e.g. OCC, FRB, CFPB and other international regulators). This role will monitor and oversee one or more functional units within the Enterprise Functions and Operations Technology CIO Organizations. They will also oversee the technology those units develop and support as well as any operational risk generated from the assigned frontline technology function. This individual's responsibilities include monitoring and oversight of frontline technology teams accountable to manage technology and other operational risks within established risk appetites and tolerances. The individual is expected to maintain awareness and influence with senior technology executives and escalate utilizing the Wells Fargo Risk Management Framework, policies and procedures established by Corporate Risk.
This position will play a key role in technology risk management, including:
- Independently assessing, reporting and as necessary escalating operational risks generated by Wells Fargo Technology as well as technology risks across the company to established governing bodies up to and including the Board of Directors.
- Utilize SME knowledge of technology infrastructure, application development (waterfall and/or agile), system architecture, information security, data environments, data management, data quality, cloud environments, control design and assessment expertise when participating in Governance, monitoring or oversight activities.
- Provide SME knowledge and assistance with maintaining an authoritative source library for technology risks or other operational risks (e.g., Business Continuity, Third Party, Business Process or Data Risk).
- Assist with monitoring and testing adherence to policies/procedures.
- Perform, coordinate, and document independent cross-functional risk assessments, aggregate risk assessments, evaluate effectiveness of internal controls, and review and credibly challenge frontline control enhancements.
- Review and credibly challenge frontline plans to address gaps and improve the effectiveness of technology risk management, paying particular attention to trends in financial services and other highly regulated industries.
- Assist with the development of enterprise-wide technology risk policies and procedures.
- Provide credible challenge to frontline activities, including those related to remediation plans.
- Provide compliance and risk management expertise and consultation to independently oversee Strategic Initiatives.
- 10+ years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management) or 10+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 7+ years must include direct experience in risk management
- 5+ years of information technology experience
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- Information Technology (IT) operations, security, operational risk management, quality assurance, compliance, or business process management experience
- 2+ years of experience in a role requiring expertise in Control performance (e.g. Six Sigma control design, quality assurance of control performance)
- Expertise in problem solving, root cause analysis, issue management or similar experience in continuous improvement of processes, controls, technology solutions
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment with multiple priorities and strict timelines
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment while establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Ability to anticipate and ask the right questions to assess all facets of an effort
- Ability to prepare and deliver complex data in a way that is concise/ understandable
- Demonstrated strong organizational and project management experience
- Knowledge and experience with regulatory requirements
- Certifications in Technology and/or Information Security disciplines
- Certifications in Audit or Risk disciplines
- Experience with Data Analysis to identify and communicate risk and influence appropriate responses
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.