Who We Are
Integrity Marketing Group is the leading independent distributor of life and health insurance products in the United States. Founded in 2006, Integrity develops products with insurance carrier partners and markets these products to the senior market through its distribution network with over 275,000 independent agents. Integrity serves over one million clients a year with over 3,500 employees and placed over $3 billion in new premium in 2020. We combine the needs of insurance companies and major distribution channels by providing unique product design and proven marketing systems. We also streamline the sales process to increase profitability across the value chain. Our expertise in the senior market allows us to partner with some of the nation’s largest insurance carriers. Integrity is headquartered in Dallas, Texas with offices throughout the United States.
What You Will Do
Assists and supports attorneys with research or due diligence. Researches and analyzes law sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties, constitutions, and legal codes. Prepares legal documents, such as briefs, pleadings, appeals, wills, contracts, etc. May direct the work of clerical or other support staff. Has a strong understanding of technical legal terminology. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Description of Role:
The essential job duties include, but are not limited to, assisting the legal team and other senior management on a broad range of transactional, regulatory, compliance and corporate governance matters, including mergers and acquisitions, commercial and strategic transactions, litigation, intellectual property rights, policies and procedures. The Corporate Paralegal will assist in drafting, negotiating and/or summarizing transactional documents for the company and its subsidiaries (which could include lease agreements, confidentiality agreements and other general business contracts) and coordinate approvals and signatures on documents. The Corporate Paralegal will monitor outstanding litigation, coordinate responses to subpoenas and discovery, and monitor the CT Corp site for service of process filings and to ensure SOPs are escalated. This individual will also manage correspondence and other filing and reporting requirements and serving as assistant secretary to the company and its subsidiaries, which will include assisting with meeting agendas, materials, and calendars, and organizing and maintaining the company’s and its subsidiaries’ books and records.
Competitive base, bonus and equity commensurate with experience.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- 4+ years legal experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Required)
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Able to complete tasks accurately and timely
- Proactive problem solver
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Paralegal certification from an ABA-approved program
- Experience with entity management system like CT Corp
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong attention to detail, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and diplomacy to effectively interact with both internal and external contacts, and coordinate activities
- Ability to analyze data and present recommendations based on outcomes of analysis
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Strong work ethic and excellent time management skills
- Willingness to maintain a professional appearance and positive company image
- Willingness to work non-traditional shifts to meet the needs of the team and company
- Ability to handle complex issues and problems and escalate to higher-level staff as needed
- Ability to meet demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact well with attorneys and business personnel
- Ability and willingness to pitch in on unexpected projects
Integrity Marketing Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, Integrity Marketing Group, LLC will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.