The paralegal will provide legal and administrative support to the Associate General Counsel, Labor and Employment, and Legal department. Overall, the paralegal will assist with all litigated and pre-litigated matters and support the Company's compliance efforts. This position will assist with investigations, case preparation and management and document collection in employment litigation, communications with various federal and state agencies in charge handling, settlement agreements, legal holds, and all employment related matters. The paralegal will assist with litigation reporting, track litigation budgets and invoices, and maintain an organized system of case files and Company documents. This position will serve as project manager for compliance projects, including supporting and tracking compliance activities and training. The paralegal will work on a diverse range of projects and initiatives across the Company and will interact with all levels of associates.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Independently manage the administration of employment litigation matters from service through resolution, including intake of new matters, outside counsel engagements, maintaining litigation case files, calendaring cases, and managing settlement and litigation fee processing.
- Track all employment litigation matters and claims electronically, including creating and regularly reporting employment metrics in conjunction with counsel.
- Review discovery and help prepare responses, including document collection for subpoenas, litigation requests and discovery, which involves liaising with internal customers and external counsel.
- Manage litigation hold process.
- Ensure litigation bills are tracked and paid and communicate with outside counsel regarding budgets and accruals.
- Prepare and revise position statements in response to pending claims before various federal and state agencies.
- Create and maintain compliance calendar, project manage multiple compliance initiatives, send compliance notices and communications, and assist with compliance activities, including training programs.
- Review law firm alerts and highlight any new employment-related country, federal, state or local laws that may impact operations.
- Conduct legal research.
- Assist in drafting settlement and other type of agreements and correspondence.
- Support HR and labor and employment investigations.
- Build positive relationships with outside counsel and internal customers.
- Adhere to Integer's Values and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, Company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Education & Experience:
Minimum Education: B.A degree required / Paralegal certification preferred.
Minimum Experience: 5+ years' work experience as an employment litigation support paralegal in an in-house/corporate law department. Additional paralegal experience in labor and employment law department of a law firm a plus.
Knowledge & Skills:
Special Skills: Self-motivated and able to work independently. Ability to analyze, solve problems, and adapt to constantly changing priorities and organizational and operational needs. Ability to use good judgment, maintain confidential information, be discreet and highly trustworthy, and demonstrate ethical conduct. Excellent written and verbal communication, time-management, prioritization, and organizational skills with close attention to detail. Ability to provide superior customer service to internal customers at various levels and effectively partner cross-functionally. Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Familiar with HRIS systems (such as Workday), Case Management systems (Navex), and Electronic Billing systems
Specialized Knowledge: Strong understanding of litigation, arbitration, governmental and administrative agency processes and procedures. Experience performing legal research and preparing position statements