Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Patient Access Representative is responsible for general clinic office functions that support efficient and effective patient care including patient registration, insurance verification, collection of applicable co-insurance and/or co-payments and scheduling of diagnostic and follow-up appointments and answering phones.
- Interact with internal and external customers in a courteous manner in person and via telephone
- Complete check in and check out tasks
- Schedule new and existing patients
- Verify insurance and complete pre-authorizations and/or precertification of procedures
- Answer back-line telephone calls, re-direct calls as appropriate, assist callers with questions or concerns and take messages as needed
- Sorting of documents received via facsimile and distribution of incoming postal mail
- Scanning of all patients’ (demographic) paperwork to patient chart and assist with batch scan filing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- CPT and ICD-9 coding skills
- General knowledge of medical terminology
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- 1+ year of medical business office experience
- Familiarity with medical billing and collection procedures
- Experience with EMR computer applications
- Excellent customer service skills, computer skills
USMD part of OptumCare is a multi-specialty group of hospital, clinics and physicians. USMD serves the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area with more than 250 physicians and associate practitioners and provides healthcare services to patients in more than 20 different specialties at its 2 hospitals, 4 cancer treatment centers and nearly 50 physician clinics, many of which are multi-specialty.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Patient Access Representative, USMD, Arlington, TX, Texas