Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford is seeking for a Patient Care Tech for full time employment in the Health Education Lifestyle Program.
Salary: min $12.98 – max $19.40, based on relevant work experience.
Day Shift: Monday - Friday (hours will vary)
Position requires a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Provides assistance to patient according to plan of care.
• Collects patient data, identifies and reports significant findings to nurse.
• Provides and Revises patient activities of daily living based on patient/family preferences.
• Enters orders into computer or manual system if applicable.
• In collaboration/consultation with the nurse, adapts care to reflect patient population.
• In collaboration/consultation with nurse, incorporates cultural/religious needs and beliefs into delivery of care.
• Keeps patient environment clean and maintains safe environment.
• Anticipates patient/family and visitor needs and takes action to meet those needs and rounds as appropriate
• Uses CPM philosophy to work in partnership with patients, families, physicians, peers and all other disciplines.
• Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility to changes in schedule and/or workload assignment necessary to meet changing needs of the individual patient or unit.
• Makes new team members feel welcome and offers assistance with orientation of new employees.
• Acceptable use of interpersonal relationship skills and communication with patients, families, co-workers, physicians, all disciplines and other customers.
• Organizes workload and effectively collaborates with nursing to prioritize care.
• Recognizes and promptly communicates ethical and legal concerns through established channels of communication.
• Assists in the identification of ineffective and costly processes and takes action to improve them.
• Participates in the process improvement activities within the department/hospital.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• CNA - Certified Nurses Aide Upon Hire OR PCT Training Program (THFW or TC4L) Upon Hire OR EMT - Emergency Medical Technician Emergency Department ONLY Upon Hire OR Other Nursing student who has completed fundamentals or military experience with medical training equivalent Upon Hire AND BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire
• Possesses organizational skills to function in a fast paced work environment, positive interpersonal skills, and good verbal and written communication skills.
• Nursing Students who do not complete course of study in nursing but having completed their Fundamentals Training and EMTs who do not retain formally retain their EMT status may continue in role if they have consistently demonstrated skills in their PCT position.
• After hire PCT CNA renewal is not a requirement of the role if the PCT has consistently demonstrated skills in their PCT position.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford is a 296-bed, acute-care facility serving Northeast Tarrant County since 1973. With more than 550 physicians on its medical staff, hospital services include outpatient surgery, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a dedicated oncology unit and cardiac rehabilitation. Texas Health HEB recently received a dual accreditation as a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a designated "Baby Friendly" facility by WHO and UNICEF. Our location brings the best of suburban living, offering you the benefits of convenience and solid career opportunities.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Gold level LearningElite award – national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes