Kforce has a client in Irving, TX that is looking for a Principal Software Engineer - Storage.
Want to be at the ground floor and design/develop high performance storage solutions? You will work under minimal direction to design and develop high performance storage algorithms for the next generation of NVME over Fabrics storage solutions. This is an opportunity to own critical algorithms that must be invented to match the performance of next generation solid state storage technologies. The Engineer must have the ability to discuss and analyze abstract algorithms with the team to evaluate and refine the design prior to implementation. Additionally, the Engineer will be responsible for translating the design to an implementation in C/C++ with a clear understanding of practical system issues. The Engineer will have the technical ability to write functional specs as well as responding to requirement documents and system level test plans, propose design changes and suggestions to team, collaborate with engineers and other product groups as needed cross functionally.
- Algorithm and protocol design and implementation in C/C++
- System, network, and cluster performance analysis, including root causing performance issues using creative experiments and internally developed product features
- Research, propose, and integrate relevant open-source projects based on product objectives
- Write organized, efficient, and well documented C/C++ code as an example for junior engineers
- Participation in all levels of product definition, design, implementation, testing, and deployment; Must include the ability to discuss abstract software architectures from ideas through implementation and creatively apply domain experience to solve technical challenges
- Mentoring software engineers, fostering an environment of trust and accountability