LEONARDO DRS (“DRS”) is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, DRS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A, which employs more than 60,000 people worldwide. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Overview of Electro Optical Infrared Systems
The Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) line of business within DRS has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. EOIS develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
As a Process Engineer, you will be an integral part of DRS’ new product development effort in cutting edge infrared sensors. You will interface with other team members representing a wide range of disciplines, including material science, device physics, test engineering, and system design. With R&D process engineer responsibilities, you will have hands on responsibility for specialized semiconductor device process integration, process development, detector fabrication, experimental design, and device characterization, as well as trouble shooting- all with the goal of developing the best infrared sensor technology in the industry.
- Designs and develops specialized processes for fabrication of Photodiodes for infrared detection using both industry standard and highly customized semiconductor processes and fabrication equipment.
- Understands basic semiconductor device physics to comprehend the effect of process, fabrication, and integration have on the final device performance.
- Performs process development to identify and qualify processes needed to develop new device designs and architectures.
- Constructs and executes full experimental plans to solve problems. Identifies key input and output variables and provides data analysis of results.
- Supports production of development detectors, maintains and improves the processes, process flows and/or device designs to maximize yields and minimize costs.
- Responsible for identifying the processing conditions which will best achieve the device design goals such as: thin film deposition, wet or dry etching, or photolithography.
- Participates and contributes to highly multi-disciplinary project teams
- Determines the operations required for fabrication, assembly or processing of products from specifications, drawings and other engineering materials.
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic of implementation of statistical process control (SPC)
- Familiarity with Photomask layout software
- Experience operating and/or interpreting data from a scanning electron microscope, FTIR, ellipsometer, or other thin-film characterization and metrology tools and techniques.
- MATLAB, MATHCAD, LabView, JMP, SpotFire, MiniTab and other relevant engineering software packages to analyze data.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree minimum, Master’s Degree or Ph.D. preferred in relevant discipline such as Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience: 2+ years in semiconductor device processing
- Hands-on experience with semiconductor fabrication tools and processes such as plasma etch and photolithography
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with desire to both learn from others and to inform others with an interest in strengthening the technical team.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. less than 5% per week
- Ability to stand for several hours at a time
Only candidates that meet the qualifications set forth above are eligible to be contacted for further information. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS