L&T Technology Services Limited (LTTS) is a listed subsidiary of Larsen & Toubro Limited focused on Engineering and R&D (ER&D) services. We offer consultancy, design, development and testing services across the product and process development life cycle. Our customer base includes 52 Fortune 500 companies and 51 of the world’s top ER&D companies, across industrial products, medical devices, transportation, telecom & hi-tech, and the process industries. Headquartered in India, we have over 14,700 employees spread across 17 global design centers, 27 global sales offices and 48 innovation labs as of December 31, 2018. For additional information about L&T Technology Services log on to www.LntTechservices.com
10 -13 Years
Job Description & Skill Requirement
RAN Virtualization (vRAN/vCU/vDU) OAMP Senior Systems Engineer
Must have - OAMP / EMS / NMS / FCAPS design and development experience:
a.Does candidate have experience in design and development in any of the following functional modules which are part of NMS/EMS applications:
b. Experience in Integration of NMS/EMS (FM, CM, PM, SM modules) with Operator OSS tools
c. Experience Writing the EMS / NMS / NE SW upgrade MOPs and working with the customer to execute MOPs in the commercial network.
d. Tier3 support experience – Work under pressure, Troubleshooting the commercial NMS/EMS application issues, provide the work-around to customer to bring up system, work with R&D and provide the RCA (Root Cause Analysis) to the customer.
e. Experience in Virtualization technologies (ETSI MANO – Orchestrator, VNF Manager, Virtual Infrastructure Manager, ECOMP/ONAP modules)
f. Experience/Knowledge in OpenStack (Virtualization) Platform Services
Good to have:
-Good to have experience in working with Pre-Sales technical teams for the RFP responses.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in EE/CS in engineering or Masters (masters highly preferred)
Years: 10+ years or 8+ with Masters (masters highly prefrred)
Local/non-local - okay with Non-local working remote until offices reopen. Must relocate once WFH is lifted.
We are looking for a RAN Virtualization Senior Systems engineer to join our Wireless network team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for development of product requirements, feature requirements, systems and performance analysis, conduct deep-dive customer sessions, new technology introduction on Openstack/Kubernetes VM and Container based vRAN/vCU/vDU virtualization strategies.
• Responsible for development of product requirements, feature requirements, systems and performance analysis, conduct deep-dive customer sessions on OAMP, FCAPS technologies and protocols.
• Analyzing the customer requirements, converting them into system requirements and capturing of detail design for the development team.
• Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting issues reported from customer labs and production.
• Provides expert technical support in the pre-sales process and creates compelling technical and commercial solutions in order to help achieve the assigned sales goals and business objectives.
• Translates and communicates complex technical design considerations between the Samsung sales team and carriers’ network business
• Educate our customers on Samsung’s new products and services both individually and in a team environment.
• Ensures that customer commitments are achieved according to plan.
• Works closely with various support organizations, logistics, and cross- functional teams from SEA and Samsung HQ to achieve successful new product roll-outs and developments.
• Ability to travel sporadically during the project
• Subject Matter Expert in driving the technical solutions to customer through complex organizational dynamics
• Leveraging your ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization as well as HQ partners on initiatives
Excellence Dealing with Ambiguity
• Bringing your experience in problem solving and ability to navigate complex organizations with pivotal shifts
• Bachelor’s Degree in EE/CS in engineering with 10 years of directly related experience is required. A Masters with 8+ years’ experience is preferred
• Understanding of 3GPP systems: RAN and Core networks, architecture and protocols
• Must have experience with RAN Virtualization solutions - vRAN/vCU/vDU Management/OAMP design and development in wireless networks
• Must have experience with FCAPS (Fault, Configuration, Performance, Security) management of RAN elements (vRAN/vCU/vDU) in wireless networks
• Must have experience in working with R&D team, finalize the feature Roadmaps and presenting deepdive sessions to the customer
• Experience in High Availability and redundancy systems
• Detailed understanding of Netconf protocol, YANG models, REST APIs, and VES (Virtual Event Streaming).
• Must have experience in authoring the vRAN/vCU/vDU SW upgrade MOPs and working with the customer to execute MOPs in the commercial network
• Must have experience in authoring the RCAs (Root Cause Analysis) of high severity issues in the commercial network and presenting RCAs to the customer
• Detailed understanding in managing Openstack/Kubernetes environments
• Document best practices in developing and deploying Openstack/Kubernetes solutions
• Experience in Automation & Orchestration frameworks. (ie: knowledge in the ETSI MANO specifications, OASIS TOSCA, ONAP)
• Detailed understanding in configuring virtual switches, network connections, Virtual port types (ie: SR-IOV, virtio), Security Groups, VLANs
• Hands on experience in managing VMware vCenter or RedHat Director environments.
• Hands on experience in managing VMware production environment comprising of 100+ hosts
• Experience in performance measurement & tuning of VMware/Openstack servers and Virtual sessions and management of servers resources between virtual machines.
• Detailed understanding in taking snapshots, backup and recovery of Virtual machines
• Detailed understanding in configuring Storage such as SAN / NAS / iSCSI
• Detailed understanding in managing HA environments in the cloud within and across telecom data centers. (ie: experience with NEC HA Cluster)
• Good exposure towards public (AWS, Azure) and private / on-prime cloud installation and configuration
• Working experience with vendors like HPE, Dell, Cisco etc., with broad knowledge and understanding of various hardware technologies (Blade servers, Rack Servers, UCS etc.)
• Deep dive troubleshooting experience using command-line tools and scripts
• Experience in understanding customer requirement and work on plan / design /deploy / manage the infrastructure
• Good to have experience in working with Pre-Sales technical teams for the RFP responses.
• Good to have experience with C/C++/Java development, Unix/Linux, scripting tools like PERL, TCL, shell, etc.